Camper king USA hardtops?

1945GPW

TJ Enthusiast
Supporting Member
has anyone on here purchased a hard top from camper king USA out of CA? Im having a hard time finding a clean oem khaki hard top for my LJ and came across these guys. I called them and sounds like a good buy but want some feedback if anyone has experience with them. Thanks

About a year ago, on the other forum, I had a hardtop thread going and was ready to buy that Camper King top. The only reason I did not was shipping, they would only ship to the airport which is a 2 hour drive for me (each way). Members made comments which may be helpful to you, link below, and add a W before rangler.

By the way, where are you located? There is a khaki one in CT for sale.

http://www.ranglerforum.com/#/topics/1926818

I'm currently located in TN but moving west this summer. I'm not worried about having to meet them at a hub seeing how I would have to drive who knows how far if I were to buy a used one and I would probably pay several hundred more for a 13 year old top.

I'm currently located in TN but moving west this summer. I'm not worried about having to meet them at a hub seeing how I would have to drive who knows how far if I were to buy a used one and I would probably pay several hundred more for a 13 year old top.

If that is the case, you could drive to CT and pick up one in New Haven for $1,350. Or you could ask them if they will ship it to you. My guess is $600 shipping so you may be able to get it for $2k, which is in your price range. I believe this is khaki but I don't know for sure...assumed there are only a black and khaki colored hard top.

https://newhaven.craigslist.org/pts/d/wrangler-lj-hard-top/6607140567.html

Yeah I'm not driving 30 hrs round trip for a hard top lol that looks gray anyway.

For the price I'm thinking of trying the Camper king top out. Haven't seen much negative reviews other than having to travel a couple hrs or less to pick it up or some damage from shipping. I talked to the guys who make them and they told me the hard top latches to the windshield frame like the original ones. They also install sun roofs for a little more $$. Thought that might be cool to have if it doesn't leak.

I’m thinking of going with Camperking as well. I live in central Oregn and they ship to Portland for $199. I don’t mind a road trip there and back. The only negative review I can is by a guy that seems to have had some bad luck with his install and broke some latches. Hecter, the Camperking owner, says he can paint the top the dark khaki stock color for my LJ at no extra cost.

Let me know if you end up getting one before I do. I’m not sure when I’ll be able to order one.. are you thinking of getting the sun roof? I think It would be kinda cool. Prices seem decent for a brand new top with custom color.

Reactions: Pokey02
Let me know if you end up getting one before I do. I’m not sure when I’ll be able to order one.. are you thinking of getting the sun roof? I think It would be kinda cool. Prices seem decent for a brand new top with custom color.
Did you wind up getting a top from them?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I have a hardtop ordered from Camper King. It should be ready to pick up next week, It’s being shipped to Portland and I’ll take my buddys flatbed and bring it home. I’ll post to this thread when I get it on the LJ. By the way... The owner ,Hector, is painting it the OEM color at no extra cost. (Dark khaki) He also said he’d send a small bottle of touch up paint.

I have a hardtop ordered from Camper King. It should be ready to pick up next week, It’s being shipped to Portland and I’ll take my buddys flatbed and bring it home. I’ll post to this thread when I get it on the LJ. By the way... The owner ,Hector, is painting it the OEM color at no extra cost. (Dark khaki) He also said he’d send a small bottle of touch up paint.
Nice! Please post pics, I would like to see how it turns out. Can you post pics of the inside of the top too? I couldn't find any online.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Awesome! Yeah please keep us informed on it. I’ve talked to Hector a couple times just need to finally order one. Did you get it with the sun roof? I’ll be getting the same khaki color so looking forward to seeing what it looks like on your jeep. if you can get a picture of how they are packaging it that would be great as well.

Any update on your hardtop?

Finally ordered my hardtop today. I’ll post pictures when I get it!