Camping foods?

ac_

zombicon
Supporting Member
Hi all,

Camping season is starting here, and I am looking for easy recipes with easy cleanup meals while camping. Maybe prepared at home before you go maybe there.

Here is one I like to do to start us out.

I cut up red potatoes, green peppers, large pineapple chunks, onions, cut corn on the cob, and raw shrimp and put it in a tin foil pouch and cook, (actually I add the shrimp later), then I eat it with sour cream and Cholula.

Looking for more awesome camping recipes to add to my collection. Let me know what you got?

Reactions: JMT
We do hobo dinners. kielbasa sausage, red potatoes, bell peppers, squash and seasoning. Prepare them in mini loaf tins, cover with foil, and throw on the Q for 30 mins or so. Wrap up some biscuits or bagette for a side. Easy, peasy.

Reactions: JMT and ac_
Many years ago they used to sell pancakes in a can. Like the whipped cream cans. They where actually very good. Just keep them in an ice chest you could make one you could make two put the can right back and it be good to go for the next morning

For some reason they stopped selling and I really miss those pancakes in a can

batter_blaster.jpg

Did this just this weekend camping with the boy scouts...ingredients: diced ham, shredded cheese, egg beaters. Easy, pour a cup of the egg beaters in a ziploc gallon freezer bag, add diced ham and shredded cheese to taste. Zip up and drop in pot of boiling water for 10 mins or so. Take out and dump in plate and you have an omelette in a bag!! Easy to make, good to eat, and virtually no clean up. If you buy the ham and cheese already diced and shredded it's really easy!!

Did this just this weekend camping with the boy scouts...ingredients: diced ham, shredded cheese, egg beaters. Easy, pour a cup of the egg beaters in a ziploc gallon freezer bag, add diced ham and shredded cheese to taste. Zip up and drop in pot of boiling water for 10 mins or so. Take out and dump in plate and you have an omelette in a bag!! Easy to make, good to eat, and virtually no clean up. If you buy the ham and cheese already diced and shredded it's really easy!!

You get me! I am all about no maintenance easy to clean. I am riding quads or wheelin' not making a delicious Thanksgiving dinner!

Nice tip, thanks need to add that to my collection of recipes. Sounds like it is good on a rainy day when we are lazn around waiting to ride.

Many years ago they used to sell pancakes in a can. Like the whipped cream cans. They where actually very good. Just keep them in an ice chest you could make one you could make two put the can right back and it be good to go for the next morning

For some reason they stopped selling and I really miss those pancakes in a can

View attachment 58611

Probably cause they cause cancer lol

Reactions: ac_ and JMT
A few weeks back, I put sliced onion, asparagus, and salmon with a sprig of rosemary and a big chunk of butter in foil. Then sealed it tight and wrapped it with an extra layer of foil. Then I threw the packets in the coals on the edge of a big campfire for about 15 minutes. That was good.

This weekend, we cooked steak and eggs with potatoes and peppers for breakfast in a cast iron skillet on the gas stove. Potatoes went in first with lots of olive oil, then they moved to the side burner to stay warm while the steak was being seared. Then the eggs went in while the steak was resting. Served with a flask of Knob Creek.

IMAG1168.jpg

OK, so maybe that was a little more work and required some clean up, but eating that breakfast in the crisp mountain air was worth it!

Reactions: ac_ and JMT
A few weeks back, I put sliced onion, asparagus, and salmon with a sprig of rosemary and a big chunk of butter in foil. Then sealed it tight and wrapped it with an extra layer of foil. Then I threw the packets in the coals on the edge of a big campfire for about 15 minutes. That was good.

This weekend, we cooked steak and eggs with potatoes and peppers for breakfast in a cast iron skillet on the gas stove. Potatoes went in first with lots of olive oil, then they moved to the side burner to stay warm while the steak was being seared. Then the eggs went in while the steak was resting. Served with a flask of Knob Creek.

View attachment 59250

OK, so maybe that was a little more work and required some clean up, but eating that breakfast in the crisp mountain air was worth it!

Yeah no worries. I probably wont do that for that reason, but It does look good, and it gets me inspired to go. I know cast iron breakfasts are the best, but a lot of work.

Reactions: fuse