Camping pics

ac_

zombicon
Supporting Member
Usually I camp every weekend or so in spring, but this year I have been plagued with projects, and haven't gotten to go out much. I definitely need some inspiration. Here in AZ camping is tougher in the summer because it is so hot. It is hard to stay cool, but luckily just a few hours north, and we can get up in the mountains and the woods and the temps drop 20-30 degrees. It is tougher because it is further away, and everybody else is heading out of town too, so I need some pictures to inspire me this year.

I will start you out with a picture of my campsite a couple of months ago with my glamping friends haha. Show me what you like to do when you go camping.

IMG-0142.JPG

Love camp!
I have yet to do so with my TJ but I am working towards a mobile base camp setup for overlanding more.
We usually Yurt it up though.

IMG_1447.JPG
IMG_1455.JPG
IMG_2046.JPG

S'mores, just cause...

IMG_1268.JPG
IMG_1378.JPG
IMG_1403.JPG

Mist, sea cliffs, and the best tide pools around...I absolutely love exploring the PNW coasts!

I actually got the LJ for camping.( still waiting on a title from seller)
Need a rig to flat tow behind the truck camper that will carry 2 yaks, fishing gear and get us into places the truck won’t.
We did a 3 week Mass-Florida trip in February and March this year that was awesome but we wished we had a Jeep to buzz around in like the old days. ( had a 58 CJ3B) we did a lot of beach camping when the kids were small.

We camp by boat up north near our cabin in Maine ,Load all the gear for a few nights on the pontoon boat and head up a nearby lake back in the woods. Also Camp off of ATVs up there.

F0674FCD-C040-4EA2-8190-31B9A1CA4744.jpeg
H
24590EAD-DD55-4A54-8D28-B1C5EC8D0DFA.jpeg
3F18802B-04AA-4F2F-98D6-3D2AF36757B3.jpeg
3D4DE7F8-A499-4E27-B49E-AB9F2571ECC0.jpeg
F7A935FE-2AC8-4A81-B251-8BB428151849.jpeg
47C1898A-E801-43BC-AD9C-34DFFE9D985D.jpeg
D9BD0565-2A22-4114-84D9-DD6192107D70.jpeg

That cabin and lake/boat is awesome! We are heading up to Booth Bay Harbour in a few weeks (hotel) can't wait. Maine is the only state on the eastern coast I have never been too.

That cabin and lake/boat is awesome! We are heading up to Booth Bay Harbour in a few weeks (hotel) can't wait. Maine is the only state on the eastern coast I have never been too.
We are still 3 hours north of Booth Bay, the Maine coast is beautiful but too many people in the summer for me.
We built that cabin in 2004, 2.5 miles from power on a pond. I cut every tree for it and had it all sawn into the lumber.

Nice pics I am really getting motivated. Considering the Cinders AZ at the end of the month for some quadding and relaxing! Keep them coming. Love the Willys btw. I really like the pictures of the old jeeps.

I love fishing (hence my profile pic)

If it was up to me I would grab my kayak trailer and just go anywhere. I would only eat take out and sandwiches but now with my family I go "glamping" and it's just as fun if not more because you have your family with you.

I cant wait to take the top off and cruise the Sierra Nevada's

Love camp!
I have yet to do so with my TJ but I am working towards a mobile base camp setup for overlanding more.
We usually Yurt it up though.

View attachment 42722 View attachment 42723 View attachment 42724

S'mores, just cause...

View attachment 42725 View attachment 42726 View attachment 42727

Mist, sea cliffs, and the best tide pools around...I absolutely love exploring the PNW coasts!

That the Olympic peninsula?

Best camping trip ever as a kid. Stuff from a story book.

Not to say I don't enjoy my other my trips then and now.. but that was a unique trip for a 8 year old me.

Eagles, fresh salmon, tidepools, etc...

Reactions: EJD