Can’t complain too much about this battery

Bryan45acp

Bought my 2005 LJR in June of 2014, I think, with 63k miles. It has about 82k now, as I only drive it in nice weather.

I wanted to start it Sunday to take it up the street and battery was dead. Pulled the battery to look at the date code- it’s lived a good life. Something tells me I won’t get the same amount of life out of its replacement.

FD38A80B-B669-416F-B19F-EAC84BAF63DE.jpeg

Nice. I had a Diehard Platinum that went 7 years. It would have gone longer, but I was a dummy and didn't keep it on a battery tender!

Reactions: 1o1proof
That’s pretty good. Mine is getting pretty old as well, makes me want to check my date sticker

Check the water level, add distilled to the fill line. Put on a slow charge. You may get a few more years out of it.👍

I was an idiot once, my 81 corvette that just sits and sits would not start. I put a good battery charger on jump start mode and still could not get it to turn over. I decide to pop the cap on the battery and see the water is empty (batteries on the older corvettes are inside the car behind the driver seat). I pour the water in and it immediately sparked up and shoots the water in my face and all over the interior of the car. I rushed to the bathroom to flush my eyes out. Once I was calmed down enough that I did not burn myself or my eyes, I looked at the interior of the vette. There were brown acid spots all over, had to redoe the entire interior. Needless to say, but a new battery on a tender in there now.

Check the water level, add distilled to the fill line. Put on a slow charge. You may get a few more years out of it.👍
I considered it, but I figured I was already pushing my luck- and although I don't ever "have" to drive my Jeep, I didn't want to deal with a dead battery next time I want to take it for a spin.

New battery installed yesterday. Good for another 11 years. HA!

Reactions: TWiG01
I considered it, but I figured I was already pushing my luck- and although I don't ever "have" to drive my Jeep, I didn't want to deal with a dead battery next time I want to take it for a spin.

New battery installed yesterday. Good for another 11 years. HA!
What did you replace it with? AGM?