Can’t seem to find Revolution gears anywhere

How many times have you balanced a driveshaft, just curious? Me, zero times, not an accident.
Me, zero times, not an accident.

These deep gears are high risk for big money problems these high rollers that don't daily their jeeps just don't care about. Think carefully about it.
C'mon, man. There's no need to make ad hominem attacks. Just because we don't buy our tires at the corner llantera doesn't mean we're "high rollers". :geek:

Consider buying Dana Spicer gears if you can't find the Revolution gears. The Spicer branded gears are made in the US. The cheaper SVL branded series are imports like Revolution gears.

List filtered to Dana 44 only:
https://www.danaaftermarket.com/aut..."type":"STRING","values":["DANA 44"]}]&sort=1
Dana gears should fit just like OEM (because they are OEM) and should outlast the useful life of the axle. There are also many more ratios available than most aftermarket only manufacturers produce.

Dana 30:
3.07 3.45 3.54 3.55 3.73 3.91 4.10 4.27 4.30 4.56 4.88 5.13

Dana 35:
3.07 3.27 3.55 3.73 4.10 4.11 4.56 4.88 5.13

Dana 44:
2.94, 3.07, 3.13, 3.21, 3.31, 3.36, 3.45, 3.54, 3.55, 3.73, 3.91, 3.92, 4.09, 4.10, 4.11, 4.27, 4.30, 4.55, 4.56, 4.88, 4.89, 4.90, 5.13, 5.38, 5.89

Once you find a part number simply Google it to find a vendor.

I get 16.47 average and can do any trail I want, no issues here.

Sorry @Hasselblad if I wasn't clear, don't do it. Wait and gear for the tires your have. The 42RLE is absolutely not designed to take heavy loads in overdrive and you are forcing it with these silly gear choices. Don't do anything in the "5s" ever. Jerry has replaced shafts and all kinds of nonsense and doesn't even daily drive his Jeep. It's a joke. Just bro science at it's worst.
You do realize that the lower the gear ratio, the LESS stress on the transmission in OD right?? Think of a bicycle, your legs, a bridge, and what sprocket choice that might entail.

Reactions: Steel City 06
Reactions: Tldelaney
Order another brand or gears. As far as I know there’s nothing revolutionary about Revolution gears.

Reactions: Tldelaney
Order another brand or gears. As far as I know there’s nothing revolutionary about Revolution gears.
I just may. I've always liked revolution over yukon (the only two brands I've installed) mainly because the cut has shown a better pattern.

I just may. I've always liked revolution over yukon (the only two brands I've installed) mainly because the cut has shown a better pattern.
I would if I was in your shoes. From what I understand most of these gears come from the same factory in South Korea. I support Revolution, but not enough to let them hold up a build 👍

I would if I was in your shoes. From what I understand most of these gears come from the same factory in South Korea. I support Revolution, but not enough to let them hold up a build 👍
Revolution's gears always come from Circle K in S. Korea, they are widely acknowledged as the best aftermarket R&P gear manufacturer. Other vendors like Yukon ship gears manufactured by various gear manufacturers including Circle K but you never know where they're from until you receive them.

The stuff from Circle K is usually 3-4 brands (Revolution, G2, Ten Factory, Alloy USA) and they are made in South Korea. Yukon I believe used to use Circle K but in the last few years started their own thing in China. I believe the stuff from China for Yukon is known to not be as good of quality, which would explain Sierra's findings. The Yukon stuff is also extremely expensive in most cases.

As for other brands like anything from Randy's, Rough Country (from Randy's), Motive, and a few others, I'm not sure where they come from. Motive has been pretty much out of stock just like Revolution so they may be from S. Korea also, although I know their 4.88 ratio uses different tooth counts than Revolution so I doubt they are from the same place. End of the day it doesn't really matter where you get from if they are all out of stock, mainly about just finding them at that point. There are some differences amongst the brands though, the only brands that are the same are the ones that come from the same places, like the 3-4 confirmed brands that all come from Circle K, and as already mentioned, are currently out of stock.

I like Revolution because I know they are from Circle K and always will be. If circle K is out of stock, then Revolution is backordered no matter what. I would trust Motive just as well but they are out of stock also. I would probably go to Randy's or RC after Revolution/Circle K if I needed gears while the Circle K stuff was out of stock, assuming Randy's/RC are available in stock.

Revolution's gears always come from Circle K in S. Korea, they are widely acknowledged as the best aftermarket R&P gear manufacturer. Other vendors like Yukon ship gears manufactured by various gear manufacturers including Circle K but you never know where they're from until you receive them.
Agreed, the one special thing about Revolution is that you always know what you are getting. Yukon I think used to use Circle K in their mix but I am almost positive that they have switched over to solely their own product coming from China now.

Reactions: Jerry Bransford
Hi again!

Poking this thread to see if any Revolutions have popped back up of late. My searching seems to be about the same results these days.

I am seeing places with Yukons, but at quite a dramatic cost difference. I presume/assume that since Yukons look to be more available, they are not using the circle K parts, and are scraping whatever they can get. Would I be correct?

Reactions: Jerry Bransford
Hi again!

Poking this thread to see if any Revolutions have popped back up of late. My searching seems to be about the same results these days.
This email came December 17 after I'd ordered RGA 5.13 from Northridge with an estimated "30 days out", and a follow up inquiry 30+ days later. Got Motive 5.13 from Jegs at a killer price that turned out to be a webpage pricing error on their part. $570 front and rear 'kit', including 2 Master Install kits. They were $900+ nearly everywhere then and are at Jegs also now.

"Gary,

I apologize but unfortunately part# RGAD44-513TD. are currently on back order. Revolution is not scheduled to get this back in stock until at least their next production schedule, which is 60 days plus . If you are okay with this time frame I will leave your order as-is. However if this time frame will not work for you, I can have your order cancelled and issue a full refund. Or I can have someone from my sales team reach out to you and look at some other options/brands. Let me know what works best for you. Again I apologize for any inconvenience this delay has caused.
Thank you,
Karysa Core

www.northridge4x4.com"

Last edited: