Florida Can anybody identify this

Myco777

Hi new member here. So I have a chance to buy this for $500.00
No idea of the year. Have always been told the tail light lens will get you close to mfg date would make it a 1999. This thing has a 6 Cylinder Nissan engine. Not running and has no title to it. The guy said it has a buick front end. I've googled the fun kruzer name and nothing came up. Anybody know what this is. Should I stay away from it. I figured the body alone is worth it. Also where can I find the vin?

20220411_124032.jpg

20220411_124022.jpg

20220411_123829.jpg

20220411_123741.jpg

Some kind of Jeep CJ kit car looks like. Probably a fiberglass body that may have some value for someone. Other than that its a pile of parts.

Vin should be near the windshield on the dash, or under hood on a metal stamped tag riveted on.

Its on 4 lug running gear so it probably started life as a complete vehicle that was re-bodied. Those wheels look familiar.

That's definitely not a 99! It's a CJ-5 body style in the early to mid 70's. A guess of coarse. Don't buy it.

Last edited:
Dug in a little online. Those are OEM Nissan 280zx wheels from about 1978. Stands to reason with it having a Nissan 6 cylinder engine it could have been a late 70's 280zx that was the donor car for this kit.

Just because it looks like a 70's CJ does not mean it is. It could be a reproduction body / kit from the 90's. It's weird, and worthless at least to me.

Reactions: flyinfish
Some kind of Jeep CJ kit car looks like. Probably a fiberglass body that may have some value for someone. Other than that its a pile of parts.

Vin should be near the windshield on the dash, or under hood on a metal stamped tag riveted on.

Its on 4 lug running gear so it probably started life as a complete vehicle that was re-bodied. Those wheels look familiar.
Yes it is a fiberglass body. 70's really lol. The vin tag i found was so unreadable I thought I might be able to find it somewhere else

Just because it looks like a 70's CJ does not mean it is. It could be a reproduction body / kit from the 90's. It's weird, and worthless at least to me.
No doubt about that. It's of no value in my opinion. My first post was the year of body style.
Everything is wrong with this one. Steering column, hubs, tub and much more.

Reactions: AMS417
Dug in a little online. Those are OEM Nissan 280zx wheels from about 1978. Stands to reason with it having a Nissan 6 cylinder engine it could have been a late 70's 280zx that was the donor car for this kit.

Yeah thanks for the quick reply. Maybe it's more than I want to get into. I'll just keep looking. I'd rather have 4x4 anyway

Those are standard universal trailer taillights. Wont tell you anything about the age since its a kit. For $500 it might make a fun project to "revive". You could get a kit built title for it but there is some red tape. Especially depending on your state. A 280zx powered fiberglass CJ might be fun on the street. Not safe at all but could be fun.

Any particular years I should focus on in a 2k price range with expecting to do some upgrades

Not at that price. You might find a clapped out mess for $2k that you can build from. What do you want to do with it? Street driving, off-roading, bit of both? If you do find one in that price range its likely going to need a lot of work. Stay away from rusted out frames. Gets expensive and hard to resell. You might find one with some body damage, or mechanical issues. Old Jeeps are bringing a premium right now.

Reactions: flyinfish
Any particular years I should focus on in a 2k price range with expecting to do some upgrades
2k is going to be a tough find. It usually happens from one that the motor or trans died and they just want to walk away from it.
The year is a tough one for me to tell you, because everyone has different feelings on years of jeeps. TJ's are the first generation to use coil springs. I'd save your cash, look around and be ready to pounce when you see something you really like. Run it across the forum if you'd like so you're comfortable with buying it.
Always watch for rust issues, they can be a deal breaker.

Reactions: Zorba