California Can anyone recommend a SoCal mechanic for classic Mopars?

fuse

TJ Enthusiast
Supporting Member
I'm asking for a couple of friends, if anyone can help. One friend has a '66 Fury, the other has a '69 Dart. (I'm jealous because I had to give up my '67 Coronet long ago.) They both need a reputable mechanic in the San Diego area who can work on their cars.

Does anyone have any recommendations?

I doubt this is the best solution.. but it os a start.

There is the Corvette shop in Kearny Mesa. I have no experience, nor recommendation with them... but they might help, or lead you to someone who can.

The mechanic I have had good exp with and do recommend for non classic cars.. is presido auto center in linda vista.

Its a mom and pop shop... friendly people. He did a smog test on my TJ.. which led to a 20 min conversation on jeeps.

Old school dude.

Reactions: fuse
What motors do they have 318? slant 6? if yes, then a nice old school mom and pop shop should be the best bet. If they built strokers or stuffed Hemi's in them...then that's another story!

What motors do they have 318? slant 6? if yes, then a nice old school mom and pop shop should be the best bet. If they built strokers or stuffed Hemi's in them...then that's another story!
Stock motors. I think the Fury might be a 383. Not sure what's in the Dart.

I miss my old A-block 318 but the L6 makes up for it. :)