Can I fix my TJ?

ObedaTJ

TJ Enthusiast
Supporting Member
I’m so hurt, just when I thought things couldn’t get any worse, they did. My favorite thing in the entire world, might have just been fucked for good. I am literally so fucking emotional right now. I loved this thing with all my heart I literally bled on this car.

As I was coming home from work today I was coming off an exit and there was heavy rain by the way. I hit a pothole on the exit, the exit ramp is a sharp right turn. I wasn’t even going fast but when I hit the pot hole the Jeep kept sliding straight and wouldn’t stop. It hit head on into a guard rail, I could not believe it. Took me about 5 minutes to get out of my car.

Anyways I got it towed to my house and this is how it looks. Fortunately there was no frame damage at all.
There is defiantly damage in other places but the frame is not bent or anything, just a few scuffs. Is it repairable, airbags didn’t come off.

F855F8F5-BCA8-485A-B42A-1510AEEF636C.jpeg

8A2C2FD4-1920-4D0F-AC19-B2AFC0D8FE64.jpeg

48162FA5-64D2-4FEE-B899-370C40969FC9.jpeg

1474B74E-E6DE-41FA-A464-E388F2FD1AB4.jpeg

C4602A02-C254-4824-A898-2904A58415D7.jpeg

864A6E1D-965D-4751-A58A-1E32C6C922DA.jpeg

5ED0B0E6-7580-4D28-99AB-260710B8710A.jpeg

28CD8489-C575-44F1-9841-4F38A4E67B00.jpeg

• Sad
Reactions: Angio4x4
It also still turns on. The radiator is gone, so is the radiator fan and timing belt along with two resiovoirs. I don’t know if anything else is damaged. I can’t turn the wheels left or right either, it’s like something is blocking them from turning.

Once you get that fender and grill off it won't look so bad and you can see what you need.

Everything is fixable... And the Jeeps are pretty modular..

But I can't see with the pics to really say..

Glad your ok... It does suck.. But you are not hurt..

It also still turns on. The radiator is gone, so is the radiator fan and timing belt along with two resiovoirs. I don’t know if anything else is damaged. I can’t turn the wheels left or right either, it’s like something is blocking them from turning.
And can't be timing belt gone if it runs, maybe u meant the serpentine belt.

Enough time and money can fix about anything that says Jeep!

Just
Empty
Every
Pocket

It probably looks worse than it really is, once you start stripping off sheet metal, you'll have a better idea of what's going on.

Bummer though! I feel for you. Is that your DD?

Enough time and money can fix about anything that says Jeep!

Just
Empty
Every
Pocket

It probably looks worse than it really is, once you start stripping off sheet metal, you'll have a better idea of what's going on.

Bummer though! I feel for you. Is that your DD?
Sorry what’s a DD?

After market fender and grill are cheap, your can prob bend the hood back enough to get by for a while.

Get a radiator... And heck, you prob mostly there.

I m assuming you don't have insurance to cover it... No worries, I don't either on the Jeep but it's not my daily driver

Reactions: ObedaTJ
After market fender and grill are cheap, your can prob bend the hood back enough to get by for a while.

Get a radiator... And heck, you prob mostly there.

I m assuming you don't have insurance to cover it... No worries, I don't either on the Jeep but it's not my daily driver
It’s all out of pocket unfortunately :( I didn’t think I needed full coverage on it.

I live in the westchester county. Might just get a few aftermarket parts. Might not even put the original fenders back on

I live in the westchester county. Might just get a few aftermarket parts. Might not even put the original fenders back on
Upgrade time! put collision on it when it is fixed, it really does not add that much to the rate. At least carfax will not know it was in an accident if you are self paying to fix.

I’m so hurt, just when I thought things couldn’t get any worse, they did. My favorite thing in the entire world, might have just been fucked for good. I am literally so fucking emotional right now. I loved this thing with all my heart I literally bled on this car.

At least she’s not angry at you. Look at her eyes. :LOL: It’s just a vehicle that can easily be fixed , don’t get so emotional. Shit happens Just like Forest said.

Don’t even bother with your original fenders. Remove them, remove the bulkhead brackets and get yourself some tube fenders. Or save up the money and get highline Fenders from JCR or another comparable brand. This way you can trim your hood. That may possibly save it as well. Looks like you may be able to be manipulate it back into place.

You say that it can’t steer, maybe the pump is shot?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: JMT
I am gonna go with what others have said. It looks fixable. Take the front bumper, fenders, grille and bonnet off and inspect the frame really good. Make sure it hasn't developed any cracks and it still structurally sound. If that is alright then you just have a case of bolting on new fenders, a bonnet, a grille and a front bumper.