Can I fix my TJ?

According to Rockauto the part numbers from Mopar are 55155633AB & 55155632AD for the inner fenders.

Those are the rear plastic fender liners.

The front inner fender (wheel well) is part of the fender.

I purchased flat fenders, the inner part is messed up though, what should I do?

Unfortunately, if you are going to go forward with those flat fenders you will need to get a pair of stock fenders (new or used) to cut up.

That shit will buff out as my daughter says! Completely repairable. Don't sweat it. Used or new parts, Do you have insureance?
I just replaced my right fender and it was $900 thru Mopar. Down side to some of these body parts is where, how they are made. If they come out of China, you do not know what type of material they are made of or the rust protection they have.
The insurance industry put together a bunch of mfgr's in China to make parts for repairs and they will say approved or something close to that. What you find is that they do not always bolt on. I make sure all my policies state OEM only or have the additional rider. Talk to your body shop friends and ask them. I know this is your penny, but careful.

Okay at the shop, they uncovered a bad piece on the frame. Guy I bought it from covered it up really well. It nonevent looked this bad.

6AF79B96-4C10-4348-81BA-98ADDAA0E64A.jpeg

76F3EEA5-D368-4112-BBB4-5B4F005C514F.jpeg

• Wow
Reactions: derekmac
Did the original owner put filler on the frame to make pass a visual? It looks a hell of a lot smoother in the older photos. I would have the shop take a look at the whole frame before sinking any money into the repair.

Did the original owner put filler on the frame to make pass a visual? It looks a hell of a lot smoother in the older photos. I would have the shop take a look at the whole frame before sinking any money into the repair.
Thats what I'm assuming. The rest of the frame was looked at. Strong and solid. Just that part.

I need the part of the fenders that go inside the engine bay. What are those called?

The frame was 100% compromised in those areas when he bought it. From experience I know that a TJ frame will rot inside extremely fast in places where they apply road salt during the winter. It always annoys me when I see people doing frame swaps and they put so much effort in POR-15ing the outside while leaving the inside alone. At least dri drain holes and plug the ones closest to the rear wheels. Best solution IMHO is to do hot dip galvanization.

Reactions: ObedaTJ
I need the part of the fenders that go inside the engine bay. What are those called?
Tell your mechanic that the fender is all one piece. Unless you are talking about the bit of rubberised plastic that sits around the spring mount.

Have you watched that installation video in your link?

You need stock fenders to cut and mount those flat fenders to.

Reactions: ObedaTJ
That frame looks like it was previously repaired forward of the control arm mounts.
Previous owner told me it was in the skid plate area and that part. I can put my finger through that part though. It has to get repaired along with everything else Im repairing