Can I get an opinion on some frame photos?

LowCountryLJR

Supporting Member
I'm trying to make a decision on a Jeep. Really on the decision to make a 9 hour round trip to go see/purchase it. The seller sent me some frame pictures. What do you think? Anything I should be worried about? Thanks for your help.

2006 LJ. 139K. Owned in Utah most of it's like. Then Texas, and now in NC.

Frame1.jpg

Frame2.jpg

Frame3.jpg

Frame4.jpg

Frame5.jpg

Frame6.jpg

Frame7.jpg

Frame8.jpg

Reactions: matkal
Looks great.
Remember to keep it that way with various methods learned on this site......fluidFilm, boiled linseed oil to mention a few.

The worst looks to be on the trailer hitch. Some bubbled paint around a few frame holes. Looks like it's been spray can touched up, but really, overall, it looks great!

If I bought it I'd remove the hitch and make sure no rust forming under it.

I'm more concerned about that hitch in general than anything else on that Jeep and I'm not even talking about rust. To me it looks like something somebody's hillbilly uncle made from a much older/bigger truck that he used to get his double wide to where it's been for the last 25 years.

I will admit that I may be exaggerating but just a little.

Looks like a Rubicon .

Frame is fine, oil spots in drive indicate a leaking front seal , very common .

Frame is just fine.

Needs tires soon, that's a grand.

I'm more concerned about that hitch in general than anything else on that Jeep and I'm not even talking about rust. To me it looks like something somebody's hillbilly uncle made from a much older/bigger truck that he used to get his double wide to where it's been for the last 25 years.

I will admit that I may be exaggerating but just a little.

Haha yeah it's a pretty unsightly hitch in the pictures. I would plan on removing it. Should I be worried how it was installed or what the seller pulled with it?

Looks like a Rubicon .

Frame is fine, oil spots in drive indicate a leaking front seal , very common .

Frame is just fine.

Needs tires soon, that's a grand.

It is a rubicon. Sorry thought I included that in my first post. Good eye Andy. Would 139K miles turn anyone off? I know the 4.0 is a great engine. Should I expect any significant mechanical issues? The seller said he's replaced the rear main seal and it doesn't leak anymore. He replaced the clutch too.

And yes it will need tires soon. I'm considering that in my offer.

I know mentioned the hitch already. After looking under that hood and being reminded about the mileage I'll still call that hitch the biggest problem even if the double wide was pulled without axles.

Of course I may be exaggerating again but still just a little.

Reactions: DrDmoney