Can I get away with buying only one set of jack stands for cycling suspension?

Netori

Been all over the threads and thinking about installing 3" front springs, and 2" rear springs , new shocks, and doing a bump stop check. Wondering if I could get away with just purchasing two 6 ton jack stands and a hydraulic jack from big red. Any advice is appreciated! Is offsetting the lift for leveling a bad idea? Should I just get 2" all around? Thank you everyone for your patience. I am still learning...

Get four jack stands. It will make your life easier and likely be safer as well. If you get al four corners of the frame on stands, you will be very securely set up. You will probably need the jack simultaneously to move the axles around while the rest of the weight is on the stands.

As for the lift height, most manufacturers include some degree of leveling in their kits already. Start with the manufacturer’s kit. If you need to do additional leveling beyond that, it’s as easy as installing a small spacer.

I have 6 jack stands and 2 jacks. I need to get a new Jack however as mine is currently broken and not worth fixing.

I have 6 jack stands, floor jack, and hydraulic bottle jack. when I was swapping axles I was using all of them at the same time.

Minimum 4 stands. You can get away with 2 6 ton and 2 4 ton in a pinch, but you will really appreciate the extra height of the 6 ton with a Jeep. Especially if you plan on lifting the frame higher.

I vote for 6. You're going to need something to keep that tranny propped up if you do any serious work on your TJ and have to remove the skid.

Six? You guys don't need to remove the springs and wheels from the axle that isn't being cycled.