Can I have any fun wheeling in Moab with 32s and a 2.5" lift?

04LJ_TX

TJ Enthusiast
Supporting Member
Just curious how much fun (if any) I can have at Moab with 32 inch tires and a 2.5" lift?

That's how I have my LJ setup as I really only like to do scenic trails and exploring (not really any rock crawling). I'm curious though if I'll be able to do Moab without dragging the underside or anything?

Reactions: JMT
Moab has hundreds of miles of trails. If you stay to the trails with the lower ratings, you will be just fine and won't be dragging your underside along on anything, even 31s.

From my understanding as well, most trails have bypasses to get around the larger obstacles that might only be suited for TJs with large tires.

Even if I wasn't wheeling, I would think Moab would be a fantastic place just to drive around on and explore in my TJ.

I used to have so much fun wheeling on 31s with 2.5 inch lift and open diffs. I guess back then I had no expectations yet. 😂 go wheel and have fun. Just like everything else the fun is what you make of it.

Reactions: Tob and JMT
Drive the Shafer Canyon Trail in Canyonlands National Park. Very steep "road" through the park. We did it in our Ram 2500 over the summer.

We didn't have time to do any of the other trails, but I want to take my Jeep out there next time we go.