Can I install .75” coil spacers by disconnecting the lower shock mount and the sway bar?

JpZombie

TJ Enthusiast
Supporting Member
Going to be installing .75" spacers on the front end to help level the rig out. If I disconnect the sway bar and the bottom shock mounts should be able to squeeze these things in, or am I still going to need a spring compressor?

Factory hight? Gotta use them on a 4 inch spring for sure. Factory spring fell right out no compressor.

Going to be installing .75" spacers on the front end to help level the rig out. If I disconnect the sway bar and the bottom shock mounts should be able to squeeze these things in, or am I still going to need a spring compressor?
Did mine without compressor just as you said - lower shock and sway bar link only. Very easy.

Easy job/no issues. Like others said, just unbolted the bottom shock mounts, sway bar links and jacked up one side. Should have planned a little better and got new bushings for the sway bar and what not. But I'll just take care of that when I get around to adding 2" springs, etc.

Obviously not a huge change, but did it in preparation of getting a bumper and my winched mounted.

Thanks for the replies!

I will probably do the same soon. What spacers did you buy? Let us know how it goes.

I bought these ones off Amazon

Before:
IMG_20210217_172017.jpg

During:
IMG_20210227_154250.jpg

After:
IMG_20210227_165812.jpg