Can I install beefier springs up font and new shocks to raise / level the front?

NashGood

Hello All. Just picked up an 04 LJ that has a 1.5 spring spacer lift and has roughly 1.5" rake. Was not noticeable with 245's but just went up to Patagonia MT 285s and is pretty stuffy up font. Can I just put on beefier springs up font and new shocks to raise/level the front? Looking for recommendations to level out the front on a budget. $300-$500 Thanks in advance.

How much lift does it have, and how much lift do you want?

To measure the lift, measure the height of the coil springs (and spacers) in front and rear. Lift height is anything past 12 inches in the front and anything past 8 inches in the rear.

back sits abut 1.5-2" higher than the front

IMG_0856.JPG

IMG_0858.JPG

IMG_0861.JPG

IMG_0862.JPG

How much lift does it have, and how much lift do you want?

To measure the lift, measure the height of the coil springs (and spacers) in front and rear. Lift height is anything past 12 inches in the front and anything past 8 inches in the rear.
posted pics just wanting to raise the front +/- 1.5 "

Welcome to the forum @NashGood . Both my wife and I grew up in Austin and our 3 kids were born there. We moved to The Woodlands about 6 years ago but both of our parents are still there

The simple fix is 1.5" spacers for the front. Also, some rake is a good thing and there are shorter spacers available. You may just want to do spacers in the short term because inevitably, you will want more out of your suspension

The more time you spend on here, the more you will learn about different lifts, shocks, tires and how to size them all properly for proper articulation. Believe me, you will get to that point so no sense in spending it all now for something you are bound to change in the near future.

Reactions: Steel City 06
Welcome to the forum @NashGood . Both my wife and I grew up in Austin and our 3 kids were born there. We moved to The Woodlands about 6 years ago but both of our parents are still there

The simple fix is 1.5" spacers for the front. Also, some rake is a good thing and there are shorter spacers available. You may just want to do spacers in the short term because inevitably, you will want more out of your suspension

The more time you spend on here, the more you will learn about different lifts, shocks, tires and how to size them all properly for proper articulation. Believe me, you will get to that point so no sense in spending it all now for something you are bound to change in the near future.
thank you ...2 previous TJs and know all too well how expensive things can get and quick....not planning on doing any serious off-roading just wondering if possibly adding new springs and possible shocks would level this thing out a bit...small rake no issue

A higher lift spring will do what you want. Don't need 'heavier' springs, just taller. And shocks. Best to get the springs installed, adjust bumpstops, then you can be sure to get the right sized shock for the job.👍

A higher lift spring will do what you want. Don't need 'heavier' springs, just taller. And shocks. Best to get the springs installed, adjust bumpstops, then you can be sure to get the right sized shock for the job.👍
thank you