Can I run 33x12.50 tires on stock wheels?

I've got a 2.5 lift. Not sure if I'm to keen on running spacers.

If you don't want to run spacers, you can adjust the steering stops or get different wheels with the appropriate backspace (3.75" to 4").

A 2.5" lift isn't enough for 33s if you plan to off-road it or want to maintain at least the factory limits of up-travel. You'll need to add a 1.25" body lift if you want to run those 33s the right way.

If you don't want to run spacers, you can adjust the steering stops or get different wheels with the appropriate backspace (3.75" to 4").

A 2.5" lift isn't enough for 33s if you plan to off-road it or want to maintain at least the factory limits of up-travel. You'll need to add a 1.25" body lift if you want to run those 33s the right way.
I appreciate all the good info. I've owned a couple jeeps but never did any mods on them myself. I'm somewhat new to the lift and tire ratio.

I appreciate all the good info. I've owned a couple jeeps but never did any mods on them myself. I'm somewhat new to the lift and tire ratio.

No worries! Basically the goal when lifting is that if you aren't at least maintaining the factory up-travel numbers, then it's more of a downgrade than anything.

That being said, 33" tires require a 4" lift if you want to do it right. The good news is that since you have a 2.5" suspension lift, all you need is a 1.25" body lift (which is cheap and opens the door for a lot of other good mods such as a tummy tuck) and you'll be basically right at 4" of lift, which will be perfect.

Savvy is the body lift most of us use:

https://savvyoffroad.com/product/sav-bltj/

Definitely problems in the rear.

I have 32x11.50 on 5.25 BS wheels. I have about 5/8" of an inch between the tire sidewall and the upper spring perch. Most stock wheels are 5.5. Put my tires on stock wheels would cut me down to 3/8". Add half an inch more section width to the tire and I'm fairly certain they'd be touching at ride height.

Last edited:
Reactions: TWiG01
Something has been neglected in the responses so far, and that's the REAR.

I have 32x11.50 on 5.25 BS wheels. I have about 5/8" of an inch between the tire sidewall and the upper spring perch. Most stock wheels are 5.5. Put my tires on stock wheels would cut me down to 3/8". Add half an inch more section width to the tire and I'm fairly certain they'd be touching at ride height.
Post #6

I bought them. Got em for 200 bucks and they came with spacers. Now if I can find a set of Canyon wheels I'll be a happy camper. Don't like the idea of 12.5 on 7 inch wheels.

If you're buying wheels anyway, why not just buy something that already has the appropriate backspacing without using spacers?

I don't always remove my brake rotors, but when I do, I don't like having to get out a torch to break the loctite so I can remove a spacer.

Here she is with the 33s.

IMG_20201211_153045408.jpg