Can I use 2.4 engine from Jeep Liberty to replace the one in my SE?

LilHammer97

TJ Enthusiast
Hey guys new here and kinda new to jeeps. My big 1,000,000 dollar question is this. Can I use a jeep liberty 2.4l engine to replace the engine in my 2004 jeep wrangler se. I'm having the hardest time finding any information on these engines. Even the dealerships around me can't say. If anyone knows please help me figure this delema out for this is my main mode of transportation.

Dealers, in my opinion, useless when it comes to information. Sometimes there’s a guy in their parts department willing to go the extra ‘minute’ to give you some info. Just about every time Ive called around here, in Jersey, they just fuck you off. Miserable bastards. They just go by a digital catalog, using your VIN w (from my experience) no hands-on knowledge of the TJ era Jeeps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well little update for y'all I pulled the motor on Friday. Took 3 people and about 20 beers and she popped right out. The "new" motor should be here Friday and ill probably do a whole gasket set on the motor too. But for anyone who is interested I have the block and head still. The block is still good and so is the head. The only thing that hapoed with the old motor is it snapped a piston rod and scarred it up a little.