Can the starter solenoid for 2004 4.0L 42RLE be purchased separately?

Ok. Thank you. I bought a brand new starter, including solenoid, and installed it. The connector for the solenoid trigger wire wouldn't lock together properly so I decided to unscrew the one screw holding the connector, and replace it with my original one. In doing so, the torque from unscrewing the screw caused the terminal to break off inside of the solenoid. Now I have a brand new starter and a ruined solenoid!

Murphy's Law prevailed!

I'll pass this on because I've been using them for several years now. I don't buy into OEM only on certain parts, especially when I have a good source for a less expensive option. Saltwater boats are brutal on starters and not the easiest to get to on some boats including mine.You want them to last and be reliable since we routinely run 50 miles offshore fishing. A marine rated starter from Mercury runs around 280.00, I can get one here for less then half of that delivered from these guys and been happy with their service,,,gregg
https://www.discountstarterandalter...Wrangler&engine=L6; 4.0L; 242cid&part=Starter

Reactions: JMT
Thanks for the replies everyone!

I found an eBay store (rsautoelectric09) who sells the solenoids individually (Item #163591901543 & #164145118613). That was the only place, after an hour or so searching, that I found one. I hope that this helps someone in the future.

I'll pass this on because I've been using them for several years now. I don't buy into OEM only on certain parts, especially when I have a good source for a less expensive option. Saltwater boats are brutal on starters and not the easiest to get to on some boats including mine.You want them to last and be reliable since we routinely run 50 miles offshore fishing. A marine rated starter from Mercury runs around 280.00, I can get one here for less then half of that delivered from these guys and been happy with their service,,,gregg
https://www.discountstarterandalter...Wrangler&engine=L6; 4.0L; 242cid&part=Starter

Thank you very much for the link. I'll make a note of this place and use it the next time that I need a complete starter. It is much cheaper than the starter that I bought at Advance Auto Parts.