Great deals on TJ parts on Amazon!

Looking for parts for your Jeep Wrangler TJ? Checkout the selection of TJ parts Amazon has to offer, many with 2-day Prime shipping!

Click the image below to browse TJ parts on Amazon.

Jeep Wrangler TJ Parts on Amazon

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

Can you fit a winch on the factory front bumper?

John Cooper

TJ Addict
Supporting Member
The factory front bumper? Brother sold his JK so I might have a winch and UHF coming my way.

You will need a winch plate.
20220716_134409_copy_800x600.jpg

Reactions: JMT and Fishtaco

RINC

Hell Yeah Brother! I Loves Me Some Arizona.
Supporting Member
A Sunny Place For Shady People. Laveen, AZ
So front bumper is strong enough! I am in a minority where I like the factory bumper over aftermarket bumpers.

I am liking all y'all cutting the front bumper into a stubby and adding a winch. Would have done that but I bought my Jeep with an aftermarket bumper on it.

97JadeTJ

TJ Enthusiast
Supporting Member

PCO6

TJ Addict
Supporting Member
The bumper 100% has to be there I am in Australia lol
Who makes the winch plates that fit the bumper so I can go looking :)

Canada too. I see Jeeps and other vehicles without bumpers but you can't get one certified without them and you can certainly get pulled over if you don't have one or both.

I like the stock bumpers too. (y) I cut my front one down by 3-3/4" on each end and duplicated the original angle so I could attach the plastic end caps. I had a Warn winch plate on it previously but for some reason it wouldn't accept the Warn winch I got. I put on a used cheapy and it works fine.

22-08-29 5.JPG

Shandara

I think your reading what Jerry said a little too literally. He is correct the bumper is irrelevant to the mounting of the winch plate. I don't think he was suggesting you run just the plate and no bumper on your jeep. There are aftermarket bumpers that integrate a winch plate into them and then there are winch plates that should be firmly attached to the frame.

PCO6

TJ Addict
Supporting Member
I think your reading what Jerry said a little too literally. He is correct the bumper is irrelevant to the mounting of the winch plate. I don't think he was suggesting you run just the plate and no bumper on your jeep. There are aftermarket bumpers that integrate a winch plate into them and then there are winch plates that should be firmly attached to the frame.

If you're referring to me, I understood Jerry's comment and didn't take it as a suggestion. I don't think he would. I've seen it on road vehicles and was simply saying like @Fishtaco it's not legal, around here anyway.

Bammo68

@Fishtaco I ordered my winch plate today from eBay - $79 delivered to Perth. May need a slight mod or two but should be OK. Dominator Extreme 12000lb winch from Kings 4WD for $350 today from their Malaga store and that's all that's needed. Like you, I prefer the look of the original bumper. Happy to share my results with you once installed - be a week or two before that's finished. This is the winch plate I got - the photoshop skills on the ad are freaking hilarious by the way! https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/1747671...d=link&campid=5337789113&toolid=20001&mkevt=1

voodooridr

TJ Addict
Supporting Member