Can you swap a 42RLE in for a 32RH in a '99 TJ?

The 42RLE won’t work in your 32RH equipped TJ. It’s computer controlled and therefore you would need the TCM (and likely PCM) from the donor vehicle.

@mrblaine likely knows the details, I just know that while the transmission will bolt up, there’s a lot more to it than that.
I understand, thanks for your answer [emoji6]

Envoyé de mon MHA-L29 en utilisant Tapatalk

The 42RLE won’t work in your 32RH equipped TJ. It’s computer controlled and therefore you would need the TCM (and likely PCM) from the donor vehicle.

@mrblaine likely knows the details, I just know that while the transmission will bolt up, there’s a lot more to it than that.
You would basically need the whole rig that the 42 came out of to get all the harnesses and everything else including the PCM TCM, under dash harness, engine harness, trans harness etc. and swap all that over.

Reactions: Medali
There is not much love for the 42rle from what I've seen. There is a pretty big jump going into overdrive. I can't really say I like mine for that reason. Do you regularly drive over 115 kph? What size tire and rear gear?

If you're in SoCal you should be taking it to Joe at Westminster Transmission in Orange County. He's an absolute guru of Jeep automatic transmissions and definitely won't try to screw you with anything.

Jerry I’ll be calling Joe soon my 32RH started acting up this past weekend and I didn’t know any trustworthy shops in my area and Westminster is not far from me.
Thank you!

Last edited: