JeremyTJWRANGLER

Ok guys, I’ve got one for you. I’ve had my 97 TJ for a couple of years now. Recently the MIL came on and showed a P0138 and a P0141 for downstream o2 sensor heater circuit. I said ok, I bought an o2 sensor online (not Bosch) and installed it.
Code went away for about a day and then came back. I went online, found the factory service manual and went for the schematics to start reading out some wires. I print out everything I need down to the connector pin out. I walk outside and my Jeep has a different harness than what is in the illustration.

All I need is the schematics for my harness, and to really understand where my Jeep is from.

Did someone put a different harness in? Is it some weird model and someone replaced the VIN plate? So I think I have (this) but I actually have (that).

Vin decodes to a 97 Wrangler sport (TJ) 4.0L 4x4 with manual transmission. All of those features are on my Jeep so it seems correct until you search for the diagrams and schematics.

I was looking for a C103 connector to read out, instead I find 2 connectors. And one is a 16 pin square connector, that’s 4 pins across and 4 pins down.

According to the service manual I should see the diagram that’s attached.
52CB9F57-CD22-4A2C-9812-349740676A75.jpeg

What I actually see are the pictures I took, also attached. 2nd picture is a close up and a little to the left.

Any help on this issue is greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
Jeremy

3E1A335C-A5B2-4172-944B-C8DD298833EE.jpeg

0C7FFF04-EF72-4600-BD6D-EEAB24FDFA81.jpeg

Grab the end of it and yell “Why can’t you be the harness in the diagram!” If it replies “Sorry!” then it’s a Canadian wiring harness.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Grab the end of it and yell “Why can’t you be the harness in the diagram!” If it replies “Sorry!” then it’s a Canadian wiring harness.

Bahahahahahaha.

I can laugh at that cause I'm Canadian... And it's true!! :)

Didn’t mean to derail, just a joke! Someone help Jeremy please!

Is maybe one of those two plugs the C103, or are you 100% certain that neither of them is?

While I'm not sure if such thing as a Canadian wiring harness exists, I have to imagine it does. However, what are the odds you would have one?

What seems more likely is that someone could have swapped your 4.0 out for one from a much newer (i.e. 2004) TJ, and swapped the wiring harness along with it, since the wiring harnesses do differ among the years.

Have you checked the wiring diagrams from the other years of TJs to see if by chance yours lines up with another year? That's the first place I'd start.

Let us know what you find. To me, this seems like the most logical explanation.