Can't decide on flooring options (opinions wanted)

A good prep job, 2 coats of primer and 2 coats of paint (Rustolium) under anything is a good starting point. And then some weathertek floor mats and (I think they make) 1 for the cargo area will offer great protection. Having had dogs all my life I know how quickly a few paws can damage the inside of a vehicle. Good floor mats really protect well. I'm actually thinking about putting a layer of heat and sound foil backed product on top of the paint layer. Not sure if that's the right choice yet. And its permanent so I better get it right. As long as you use something removable from the floor boards you can always switch it out later.

@Goatman . That's pretty much what I have done but I used dupli-color perfect match. It's close but not exactly a "perfect match"
2 coats of primer, 3 coats of paint, 2 coats of clear.

Then I'm putting the BedRug down followed by Weathertech mats that I already have.

My mats are tan ( came with Jeep -would prefer black) but should work with my 2 tone color scheme.

I will need to buy a rear cargo mat but haven't decided exactly which one to get.

@ranger101 that's exactly the sale and coupon I used. Came out to just under 350 after tax for the entire vehicle.

Reactions: ranger101
I received all of the BedRug pieces and will be installing it along with the new Caltrend Seat covers this weekend.

Question for those of you that have installed BedRug:

1. For the holes on the tailgate piece, did you use a soldering iron ( or other heat method) to cut them? Or did you just cut them with a razor?

I've seen others melt a hole with a soldering iron but this was on more traditional carpet.

I ordered BedTred, but I'm exchanging it for BedRug. The BedTred is really like a plastic shell with a foam backing. I'm sure it is durable and stuff, but after trying to fit one rear panel, I knew right away I wasn't going to like the fit. It wasn't flexible enough to lay flat on the tub in some areas and you could press down almost an inch in others. I am hoping BedRug lies in place a bit nicer. Also, the backing foam of the BedTred had no rebound. I put a knee on it during the installation and there was a permanent dent in the foam. Just wasn't happy with the overall quality of the BedTred, especially since it cost almost $500. It seems like either one will definitely trap water underneath which is a big concern, but if it is easy to take out, then it shouldn't be a big deal to get it dried up.

BedRug is in!!! Fit is great and I am very happy with it.

Couple of very small gripes.

1. For floor consoles without the rear cupholder, keep the rear seat mat a little forward of the wall or you may get a tiny (.25") gap between the carpet and rear of the floor console

2. The piece that covers the tailgate requires you remove the cover for the latch. Getting it back and aligned is a little bit of a challenge. Would be better if they cut it to go around it instead of under it

IMG_20200711_173720.jpg

IMG_20200711_173713.jpg