Can't find a replacement Mopar radiator

Huff1371

Guys and Gals, it happened today. The top tank of my radiator failed, leaving a 1"x 5" hole and I'm on the hunt for a replacement. I already know to find a Mopar replacement but I can't find anything that the genuine Mopar sites say fits. It's a 2000 Sahara with an Auto trans. Does anyone know if the one cited for the 2001 auto (Mopar 55037653AB) will fit the 2000? I'm happy to modify whatever I need but would rather find a direct replacement or an aftermarket upgrade (if such a thing exists). TIA

It's a great writeup, really just need to confirm the 2001 part with actually fit a 2000. Mopar apparently says it doesn't but I'm hoping someone here can prove them wrong before I drop $400 😎

69A44DA7-86DA-48B6-88AC-8BA618A7C8D3.png

it may be that the difference is how the transmission lines attach to the radiator. i just bought the 55037653ac for my 2006 and it has quick disconnects for the transmission lines.

it may be that the difference is how the transmission lines attach to the radiator. i just bought the 55037653ac for my 2006 and it has quick disconnects for the transmission lines.

You're exactly right! I ended up with one made by Crown because Mopar discontinued the one that I need. Turns out it just is a matter of the "quick" disconnects or not. My 2000 doesn't have them but I think at some point it did anyway, barb fittings and hose clamps work.

Reactions: txbemis69
You're exactly right! I ended up with one made by Crown because Mopar discontinued the one that I need. Turns out it just is a matter of the "quick" disconnects or not. My 2000 doesn't have them but I think at some point it did anyway, barb fittings and hose clamps work.

wasn’t sure about the older ones till i watched a youtube video and that jeep had rubber trans. lines with hose clamps.

Hi @Huff1371 I've found myself down the same internet search as you; The Cooling System Overhaul FAQ lists the 55037653AB as the right replacement for our 2000 Saharas.

So is it the case that Mopar doesn't make it anymore? And I'll have to pick up a crown one? Or can I pick up a 55037653AC (2005-2006) and it will still work?

Thanks!

Thanks for the reply! I'd like the swap to be as painless as possible, so I guess I'll seek out the crown one

@Huff1371 What was the part number for a 2000 Sahara Automatic?

Sed7 - I just had an issue with the cooler lines and it was a bit of a hassle. I just replaced my radiator and transmission lines recently. I went with a Griffen radiator and I had ordered new transmission lines from SS Tubes. I used PTFE hoses with -8AN fittings. I can give you a full list of all the connections if you still need it. Here's a pic of how it turned out.

8C68E306-2B12-4325-B5E9-8377797B44D7.jpeg

Reactions: mipa