Can't find Crown Automotive OPDA in stock anywhere

sagreen22

Hey all!

I've got a Crown Automotive 53010624AC Oil Pump Drive Assembly for 05-06 Jeep on order at Quadratec, but they can't tell me when it will arrive, could be months!

Can I get this part anywhere else?

thanks all!

Mine only took 2 weeks to get to Australia from Quadratec in January, glad I bought when I did if its on back order!
I could only find a Crown on Quadratec but my US search would have been a bit more limited given my IP is Australian. I found other makes but Quadratec was the only one carrying the Crown unit.
I was surprised Rockauto wasn't carrying any TJ OPDA,s at the time.

That seems to be the consensus. However, I put a Dorman in mine and have put 105K mi on it with no issues. Pulled it and checked it about a month ago. No issues with the Dorman sensor either.

Is that as simple to install as it looks?
Yes, you simply need to set engine to TDC on cyl 1. This will align a hole in the tone wheel with a hole in the housing. Put allen key/screwdriver through the holes. Pull the old one out, adjust the oil pump slot (i forget the position, but you can find directions online), put new one in with pin/allen key/screwdrivier in the alignment hole. You may have to put it in a few times to get the oil pump slot aligned with the OPDA shaft, but that's it.

Reactions: WSS
I bought mine in October, Amazon had it available immediately. I didn't even have a vehicle for it yet at the time, but now I'm glad I got it when I did. I was afraid it could get discontinued now that the newest engine that needs one is 15 years old.