TJ Fest 2021
Join us in Moab, Utah from 4/24/2021 to 5/1/2021 for the first annual TJ Fest 2021. Click here for more information.

Can't get rear track bar to line up

gbirk

TJ Enthusiast
Supporting Member
When I did mine, I did not have a ratchet strap availible so I just wedged a small bottle jack between the bar and something else and pushed it into place. It really did not take much force, just more than I could provide by pulling on the bar.

freedom_in_4low

TJ Enthusiast
Supporting Member
When I did mine, I did not have a ratchet strap availible so I just wedged a small bottle jack between the bar and something else and pushed it into place. It really did not take much force, just more than I could provide by pulling on the bar.
Yes, really anything will work. Even a helper to push while you put the bolt in can get it done, especially if they have a wall or another vehicle to push off of.

WallyWest

TJ Enthusiast
Ratchet strap, or find a helper that will just push on the rear fender. It usually doesn't take much force to get it lined up.

Jerry Bransford

TJ Guru Moderator
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Since your track bar grew used to being connected to a higher situated mounting bolt hole, my bet is you just need to jack the frame up an inch or two to get the bolt holes to line up again.