Can't get rear track bar to line up

F Troop

TJ Enthusiast
I’m reinstalling the rear trac bar on the Jeep I can’t get it to line up at the upper mount. It’s about half a hole off. How can I get it to line up.

Is it adjustable? Are you in the process of installing a lift?

More information is needed.

Sorry Chris. It’s a stock trac bar and I just lowered it from 4 inches to 2 inches. I also put all new stock control arms.

Just need to ratchet strap it from the frame to something on the axle to pull the chassis over until the holes line up.

Reactions: Alex01
When I did mine, I did not have a ratchet strap availible so I just wedged a small bottle jack between the bar and something else and pushed it into place. It really did not take much force, just more than I could provide by pulling on the bar.

When I did mine, I did not have a ratchet strap availible so I just wedged a small bottle jack between the bar and something else and pushed it into place. It really did not take much force, just more than I could provide by pulling on the bar.
Yes, really anything will work. Even a helper to push while you put the bolt in can get it done, especially if they have a wall or another vehicle to push off of.

Ratchet strap, or find a helper that will just push on the rear fender. It usually doesn't take much force to get it lined up.

Since your track bar grew used to being connected to a higher situated mounting bolt hole, my bet is you just need to jack the frame up an inch or two to get the bolt holes to line up again.