Car pics too cool not to share

I remember when Boggers first came out and everyone had to have them.

1657088412151.png

I remember when Boggers first came out and everyone had to have them.

When was that? (not being a smartass)

When I was a kid in the '90s I remember most of the lifted vehicles around here had them. My brother-in-law had a mid '80s long bed GMC on 38s. He eventually lowered it back to 33s and then sold it right before the square body prices took off. It was dark blue and silver (with well earned rust/patina), a good looking truck IMO.

Not his but a similar looking truck.
1657105239945.png

When was that? (not being a smartass)

When I was a kid in the '90s I remember most of the lifted vehicles around here had them. My brother-in-law had a mid '80s long bed GMC on 38s. He eventually lowered it back to 33s and then sold it right before the square body prices took off. It was dark blue and silver (with well earned rust/patina), a good looking truck IMO.

Not his but a similar looking truck.
View attachment 341112

Honestly I don't remember the exact year right now but Interco released the TSL Super Swampers when I was stationed in Germany around 1987. One of the guys in my 4x4 club ordered a set and we installed them on his Toyota pu.
A buddy who was stationed at Ft Dix had a roommate with a Jeep J20 pu on 44" TSL's around 1989. So my guess is Boggers came out around 1990-92 time frame.
When I bought my 97 TJ it had 33x14x15 Boggers with a ProComp 4" lift and had NEVER been off-road. I found out later that a nice looking gal with large lungs drove it around Yakima all the time. When asked why the HECK she had Boggers and never took it off-road she'd just cay cause it LOOKS COOL....

I should also note that I hadn't made my first payment yet when I took it wheeling and dented the drivers door. My wife at the time wasn't really happy with me but my step daughter just looked at her and said it's what he bought it for.

MVC-097F.JPG

MVC-098F.JPG

Everyone was positive I was gunna snap a Dana 35 axle shaft here.

MVC-099F.JPG

Last edited:
Honestly I don't remember the exact year right now but Interco released the TSL Super Swampers when I was stationed in Germany around 1987. One of the guys in my 4x4 club ordered a set and we installed them on his Toyota pu.

Toyotas must have been popular at that point. My BIL with the GMC also had a Toyota that eventually wound up on 44s and would float at the lake. As a kid, that thing seemed massive to me. I have no idea how tall or wide it actually was, but I do know that with 44s he was no longer allowed to drive it on base, and I think that's where the GMC came in. I remember him bitchin about that. He couldn't understand how they could drive tanks around, but he couldn't drive a Toyota.
When asked why the HECK she had Boggers and never took it off-road she'd just cay cause it LOOKS COOL....

I worked with a guy who was the same way. He daily drove a pavement princess Avalanche with a swamper type tire. I asked him why, and he said he liked the way they look.

Toyotas must have been popular at that point. My BIL with the GMC also had a Toyota that eventually wound up on 44s and would float at the lake. As a kid, that thing seemed massive to me. I have no idea how tall or wide it actually was, but I do know that with 44s he was no longer allowed to drive it on base, and I think that's where the GMC came in. I remember him bitchin about that. He couldn't understand how they could drive tanks around, but he couldn't drive a Toyota.

I worked with a guy who was the same way. He daily drove a pavement princess Avalanche with a swamper type tire. I asked him why, and he said he liked the way they look.

Each base can be different and it's up to the commander on that base. I was made to go wash my truck before I could bring it onto base after a week of wheeling in W VA. You couldn't tell what color it was....

As much as I like the look, it's somewhat ridiculous. I'm sure (or at least hope) that this set-up is bagged, and that this is his "show stance". If not, then this set-up is absolutely useless (unless, of coarse, there's a mower deck hidden under there, somewhere...).

unless, of coarse, there's a mower deck hidden under there, somewhere..

There's an idea. (y) Mow with style and comfort.

Edit: these guys did it. Garage 54, they do some interesting things with Russian cars.

Last edited:
Reactions: Wildman