Great deals on TJ parts on Amazon!

Looking for parts for your Jeep Wrangler TJ? Checkout the selection of TJ parts Amazon has to offer, many with 2-day Prime shipping!

Click the image below to browse TJ parts on Amazon.

Jeep Wrangler TJ Parts on Amazon

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

Car pics too cool not to share

OP
Squatch

Squatch

Master Thread Derailer
Supporting Member
I get the drive to make those trucks look so good, but I think I would rather see them the exact way they looked coming off the assembly line.

While I generally agree with that sentiment (the last one pictured is by far my favorite!), I do like all three. Now if they had added some dumbass, deep-dish chrome wheels, that would be a different story.

reddvltj

TJ Guru
Supporting Member
While I generally agree with that sentiment (the last one pictured is by far my favorite!), I do like all three. Now if they had added some dumbass, deep-dish chrome wheels, that would be a different story.

My thing is I would never want to own something I was afraid to take out and use it for what it was meant for. I'd be afraid to put those truck to work...

Reactions: Wildman
OP
Squatch

Squatch

Master Thread Derailer
Supporting Member
That is pretty close to the truck I grew up with - and that I'll carry a torch for to my dying day!! Not sure if that's an 8 foot or a 9 foot bed - can't tell from this angle but I think its an 8. 305 "Big Block" V6, SM-420 transmission, rear end as low as 5:14 if its a 1 ton like ours was. The only problem with the 60-66 GM trucks were that the ALL were rustbuckets - just like this example shows. No rustproofing whatsoever, bodywork designed to trap and hold water.

That damn "brow" above the windshield was a horrendous design. It's like the rust would start there, and (not so) slowly work it's way down. Hell, the only thing that didn't rust on my '60 Chevy 1/2-ton was the glass!

• Haha
Reactions: Wildman

ColoJeep

Just a car guy
Supporting Member
That is pretty close to the truck I grew up with - and that I'll carry a torch for to my dying day!! Not sure if that's an 8 foot or a 9 foot bed - can't tell from this angle but I think its an 8. 305 "Big Block" V6, SM-420 transmission, rear end as low as 5:14 if its a 1 ton like ours was. The only problem with the 60-66 GM trucks were that the ALL were rustbuckets - just like this example shows. No rustproofing whatsoever, bodywork designed to trap and hold water.

Me Too , my Dad had a 62 C-30 with a 235 inline and SM 420 the 1-tons did have a 5:13 rear end a 9 ft. step side box and my dad's had 19.5 wheels and tires.
It had a radio delete plate but had an antenna . It was an X company truck that was yellow with brown fenders. weird.

Zorba

"The Veiled Male"
Supporting Member
That damn "brow" above the windshield was a horrendous design. It's like the rust would start there, and (not so) slowly work it's way down. Hell, the only thing that didn't rust on my '60 Chevy 1/2-ton was the glass!
Don't forget the wrap around gutter that held water everywhere as soon as the tiny weep holes clogged up.

Reactions: Squatch and Wildman

Zorba

"The Veiled Male"
Supporting Member
Me Too , my Dad had a 62 C-30 with a 235 inline and SM 420 the 1-tons did have a 5:13 rear end a 9 ft. step side box and my dad's had 19.5 wheels and tires.
It had a radio delete plate but had an antenna . It was an X company truck that was yellow with brown fenders. weird.
Ours ran 8.50x17.5 tires.

Reactions: ColoJeep

BlueC

TJ Addict
Supporting Member

Nice bike. (y) That looks like a seat my ass would like to ride in, although I wouldn't know what to do with all of that luxury. ;) I've spent years riding a '01 Heritage like the one below, where the only "modern" comforts are fuel injection and a removable windshield.

1660142712048.png

Wildman

Over Analyzer Extraordinaire...............
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Nice bike. (y) That looks like a seat my ass would like to ride in, although I wouldn't know what to do with all of that luxury. ;) I've spent years riding a '01 Heritage like the one below, where the only "modern" comforts are fuel injection and a removable windshield.

View attachment 349874

Being a CVO it has all the comforts. Cruise & heated grips & seat. Stereo with handlebar controls. It's the newer Rushmore frame & twin cooled engine.

Reactions: reddvltj and BlueC