Car pics too cool not to share

Carnival rides for grown-ups:

2845bd8d463544db2bbec2b79438c4d2.jpg

bumpercar3.jpg

18083048-1959-dodge-custom-thumb.jpg
image-placeholder-title.jpg

Last edited:
So no discussion of the AWD hybrid Corvette? The quickest factory Corvette ever.

View attachment 393056

People probably think its a true hybrid. Its not. It still has a big gas guzzling V8 strapped to the back and has two electric motors to power the front wheels only to make it AWD. Not a Chevy guy but I think this is pretty clever. People that will call it a flashlight obviously haven't researched it and just reading headlines.

It might be the quickest factory Corvette, but it's still ugly, and it still looks like a budget Ferrari to me. I'd buy a Porsche or NSX for a little more money.

You and me think alike. The more I see the C8 the less I like it. I have one in the neighborhood and as soon as I see it it's now "oh it's just a Corvette"

Some vehicles come out and they grow on you and look better, the Vette seems to be the opposite. It's made me like C7's even more.

And I'd go 911 Turbo S over most anything in the sub $500k range if I could.

Reactions: BlueC
People probably think its a true hybrid. Its not. It still has a big gas guzzling V8 strapped to the back and has two electric motors to power the front wheels only to make it AWD. Not a Chevy guy but I think this is pretty clever. People that will call it a flashlight obviously haven't researched it and just reading headlines.

It is an interesting setup, I'll give you that.

People probably think its a true hybrid. Its not. It still has a big gas guzzling V8 strapped to the back and has two electric motors to power the front wheels only to make it AWD. Not a Chevy guy but I think this is pretty clever.

A combination of two different power sources is the definition of hybrid vehicle, so yes, it is a true hybrid vehicle. And Chevy has done nothing new here. The second gen NSX has been powered by a similar hybrid setup since it came out in 2016. I believe Porsche and Ferrari have also put out cars with similar hybrid setup over the last 5 years. Chevy is just adopting what has already been proven by others.

A combination of two different power sources is the definition of hybrid vehicle, so yes, it is a true hybrid vehicle. And Chevy has done nothing new here. The second gen NSX has been powered by a similar hybrid setup since it came out in 2016. I believe Porsche and Ferrari have also put out cars with similar hybrid setup over the last 5 years. Chevy is just adopting what has already been proven by others.

My old Rambler burned both gas and oil. Does that make it a hybrid? ;)