Car pics too cool not to share

Is that by any chance a Super Duty? Whether it is, or not, she's a beauty!!! :)

Nah, I wish! lol

I actually found it on Craigslist 10 years ago. It was a bare rolling shell that a large tree limb fell on. It was going to the scrap yard if I didn't get there in time. The seller actually had to call and cancel the pickup from the scrap yard while I was buying it. I built it with my Father out of 2nd hand parts. It's not perfect by any means, but we've turned every nut and bolt on it together, including body and paint.

Heres a cool pic I took of it last year in front of my town hall:

20210611_111627.jpg

WOW you were the LAST person I expected to not know what this car was,

View attachment 306313

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B001NQHN7S/?tag=wranglerorg-20
I really should have known that, as my son had one as a toddler. I mounted an aluminum floor pan in it, and carpeted it. It had fuzzy dice hanging, and a license plate with his name on it. We would go to the local car show on the weekends, and I'd just walk around with my hand resting on the roof, pushing it along with him inside as I walked along. His was a little less cartoonish than second pic you posted (no eyes or smiling mouth, etc). Enjoyed that until he was about two years old. So yes, I should have known what that was! ;)

Reactions: Wildman
Looks like a "corn binder" (International). Nice! By the way, is that a '64 Impala in your avatar?
It is. One of my projects that I've had for many years that has been put off due to life. I dragged her out a year or so ago to get it running again, but the mice had gotten inside and done some major damage, so I shoved her back in the shed for now. I'm looking at a full off-frame resto now.

Chevy out back.JPG

IMG_9884.JPG

It is. One of my projects that I've had for many years that has been put off due to life. I dragged her out a year or so ago to get it running again, but the mice had gotten inside and done some major damage, so I shoved her back in the shed for now. I'm looking at a full off-frame resto now.

View attachment 306402

View attachment 306403
Is that a '50 Mercury parked next to it in the shed?

Is that a '50 Mercury parked next to it in the shed?

Yep. That one no longer looks like that. But I did drive it a little looking like it did in this pic. Drove like an old Farmall after it had been sitting since the early '70s. The Impala was still drivable at this point in 2010.

In the shed.JPG

• Love
Reactions: Squatch
Yep. That one no longer looks like that. But I did drive it a little looking like it did in this pic. Drove like an old Farmall after it had been sitting since the early '70s. The Impala was still drivable at this point in 2010.

View attachment 306413
Very nice. I love vintage tin, and that right there would be the envy of lots of folks! (y)

Very nice. I love vintage tin, and that right there would be the envy of lots of folks! (y)

Thanks. I've grown up with old cars and have a few projects in various state sitting around. That Merc is my dads now and is about ready to be back on the road. I don't have any recent pics of it, but I was able to steal this off of Fbook. She's black with bright red interior. And that is his '40 2 door sedan next to it. But enough of me derailing the thread with my crap. What's that in your avatar? (looks like a Plymouth)

1643750794157.png

• Love
Reactions: Squatch
Thanks. I've grown up with old cars and have a few projects in various state sitting around. That Merc is my dads now and is about ready to be back on the road. I don't have any recent pics of it, but I was able to steal this off of Fbook. She's black with bright red interior. And that is his '40 2 door sedan next to it. But enough of me derailing the thread with my crap. What's that in your avatar? (looks like a Plymouth)

View attachment 306463
Yes sir. A '36 Plymouth I picked up in the mid-'80's.

Love the Caddy caps on the Merc!

Reactions: Wildman