Car pics too cool not to share

I'm a fan of well done car bodies on 4x4 frames or hybrds however we want to call them. I've seen some ghetto fab ones & some very well done ones. That from the looks was a good job. With a 304 or 360 & turbo 400 transmission & Model 20 rear I can think of tons of uses.

I could have sworn that I had taken a picture of a Gremlin done pretty good as a 4x4 but I can't find it so here's some questionable 4x4 cars that I have seen.

I think $600for this in 2007 might have been an OK deal:
P8040106.JPG

P8040108.JPG

I didn't know the asking price of this one back in 2005 but the body is looking fairly solid and it's got a full-floating rear axle and Jackman wheels
xxxx125.JPG

And a 4x4 Ranchero in 2005, IIRC it wasn't for sale:
xxxx134.JPG

That Ranchero looks waayyy better than a mid 70s El Camino on some mid 70s Blazer/Suburban?? frame back in the mid 80s. If I had a digital camera back then you'd be seeing pictures where the ground clearance wasn't modified but the bottom side of the whole body was about 3 ft from the ground and the homemade wooden body lift spacers which let everyone see the whole frame at any distance from the side. It also had both the Blazer and the El Camino steering columns cut off relatively even under the hood with with 3" (or so) sprockets welded on and connected with a roller chain.

Both the Sportabout and the Matador wagons looked good.

All I can say about the coffin nose Matadors is that Rosco P. Coltrane didn't mind that extra nose when crashing into something.

I wish I could find a picture of a crash but here's his unidentical triplets:

74 Matador
View attachment 408842

1975/76 Plymouth Furys:
View attachment 408843

1977/78 Dodge Monaco:
View attachment 408844

Of course there were a couple other relatives to the sheriff's triplets.

I think we should bring back these big blue lights. The thin little strip lights they have today make it very hard for me to identify bears hiding in the bush. When I see a white, black, or silver Charger on the road I get a little nervous and don't know what to do, speed up or slow down. :unsure:

I could have sworn that I had taken a picture of a Gremlin done pretty good as a 4x4 but I can't find it so here's some questionable 4x4 cars that I have seen.

I think $600for this in 2007 might have been an OK deal:
View attachment 408845

View attachment 408846

I didn't know the asking price of this one back in 2005 but the body is looking fairly solid and it's got a full-floating rear axle and Jackman wheels
View attachment 408847

And a 4x4 Ranchero in 2005, IIRC it wasn't for sale:
View attachment 408848

That Ranchero looks waayyy better than a mid 70s El Camino on some mid 70s Blazer/Suburban?? frame back in the mid 80s. If I had a digital camera back then you'd be seeing pictures where the ground clearance wasn't modified but the bottom side of the whole body was about 3 ft from the ground and the homemade wooden body lift spacers which let everyone see the whole frame at any distance from the side. It also had both the Blazer and the El Camino steering columns cut off relatively even under the hood with with 3" (or so) sprockets welded on and connected with a roller chain.

I've seen my share of abortions when it comes to these types of conversions. I worked part time at a shop in MD when I was stationed at APG and helped do a few van conversions. The owner had a beautiful hi top Ford van on 38" tires (In 1988 that was huge) so his shop was well known for quality work. I'd setup a deal that I worked for parts & labor. I was just a basic shop flunky but I learned alot working there.

Today we present you the 1970 Chevy Chevelle SS filmed at the Scottie DTV Traveling Charity Road Show 2014.

Carl, its owner, bought it right after he got back from Vietnam.

View attachment 408945

I'm surprised at how nice the Keystone Klassics work on that car. I mean, I like Keystones, but just never considered them on a '70 Chevelle.

It was talked about a while back so here is what I've found.

1968 Power Wagon- No marker lights on the sides

8106896377_5fea13dc4d_b.jpg

1969 Power Wagon- Round marker lights or reflectors on the sides. Can't find anything that says which they are.

1969 Power Wagon.jpg

1970 Power Wagon- Rectangular marker lights on the sides

1970 Power Wagon.jpg

All three are beautiful examples of restored Power Wagons.

Last edited:
It was talked about a while back so here is what I've found.

1968 Power Wagon- No marker lights on the sides

View attachment 408965

1969 Power Wagon- Round marker lights on the sides

View attachment 408963

1970 Power Wagon- Rectangular marker lights on the sides

View attachment 408964

All three are beautiful examples of restored Power Wagons.

In 1968 I was a year old and my neighbor bought two brand new Dodges, a Coronet 440 with a 318 V8 (the 440 V8 was only available in the Coronet RT) and a D500 dump truck also with a 318 V8. After seeing what you posted I can remember when that that truck and I were in our teens it still had three of the four "round marker lights" but they were never lights, just round reflectors. After some googling I found some that were on the front fenders and held in place with a screw in the center. Which the red ones on your 1969 Power Wagon picture seem to also have. When I zoomed in on the ebay picture I see that the brand was SATE-LITE and I remember wondering why it wasn't SAFE-LITE. IIRC the reflectors near the rear on the sides of the lower dump bed were held in place by two screws holding a metal circular frame with a similar sized reflector, something fully expected on any aftermarket bed and the one that was missing still had the crushed circular frame in place.

2023-03-20.png

In 1968 I was a year old and my neighbor bought two brand new Dodges, a Coronet 440 with a 318 V8 (the 440 V8 was only available in the Coronet RT) and a D500 dump truck also with a 318 V8. After seeing what you posted I can remember when that that truck and I were in our teens it still had three of the four "round marker lights" but they were never lights, just round reflectors. After some googling I found some that were on the front fenders and held in place with a screw in the center. Which the red ones on your 1969 Power Wagon picture seem to also have. When I zoomed in on the ebay picture I see that the brand was SATE-LITE and I remember wondering why it wasn't SAFE-LITE. IIRC the reflectors near the rear on the sides of the lower dump bed were held in place by two screws holding a metal circular frame with a similar sized reflector, something fully expected on any aftermarket bed and the one that was missing still had the crushed circular frame in place.

I tried to verify if they were reflectors or lights and couldn't find anything definitive. I guess I should have stated that instead of just assuming they were a light. But the reflector seems a more likely option at the time. Most likely to meet some new safe regulations?