Car pics too cool not to share

1970 Ford Torino Cobra 429 SCJ​

why-the-ford-11.jpg

https://www.doginmylife.com/2023/03...4Sf_Ym3GUIOMjpZ3mFy-OnKDircUbviOAMPDt0FBtCnVU

View attachment 409377

The 1969 Chevrolet Chevelle SS 582 was a high-performance version of the popular Chevelle muscle car. It was powered by a massive 582 cubic inch V8 engine that produced a staggering 750 horsepower and 750 lb-ft of torque. This engine was capable of propelling the Chevelle SS 582 to impressive speeds and making it a formidable force on the track.

In addition to its impressive performance, the Chevelle SS 582 also featured a number of distinctive styling elements, including a blacked-out grille, functional hood scoop, and special striping. These features helped to set it apart from other versions of the Chevelle and gave it a unique and aggressive appearance.

View attachment 409378

Despite its impressive performance and styling, the Chevelle SS 582 was not a widely produced model. It was built in limited quantities and is highly sought after by collectors and enthusiasts today. Those who are lucky enough to own one of these rare and powerful muscle cars are sure to have a truly special and unique vehicle in their collection.

As someone who has seen countless Chevrolet muscle car builds, I can confidently say that this 1969 Chevelle SS is truly special. It’s clear that the owner has put a lot of time and money into this build, but they’ve done it with expert knowledge and attention to detail.

View attachment 409379

Okay, that is drop-dead gorgeous...until you get inside. I can tolerate the aftermarket buckets and the shifter, but I'm with @reddvltj on the instrumentation. Just looks wrong. I also take issue with the way the article was written. It implies that this is a limited edition factory-built car. The constant use of the word "was" seems to indicate that (reread the article, and you'll see what I mean. I'm having a hard time explaining it). Anyways, I'm calling b.s. on that. This is someone's example of a gorgeous build, and he can call it an SS 582 if he wants, but that article is taking liberties with its origin. I'm guessing it started out as an SS 396 car, and he dropped in a 454 stroker motor. If any of the bowtie boys out there know differently, then please do educate me, and I'll gladly admit to being wrong. I just hate it when an article is misleading, as I believe this one to be.

All that being said, that thing is beautiful, and easily one of the finest examples I've ever seen. Love the color, even if it's not green! ;)

Okay, that is drop-dead gorgeous...until you get inside. I can tolerate the aftermarket buckets and the shifter, but I'm with @reddvltj on the instrumentation. Just looks wrong. I also take issue with the way the article was written. It implies that this is a limited edition factory-built car. The constant use of the word "was" seems to indicate that (reread the article, and you'll see what I mean. I'm having a hard time explaining it). Anyways, I'm calling b.s. on that. This is someone's example of a gorgeous build, and he can call it an SS 582 if he wants, but that article is taking liberties with its origin. I'm guessing it started out as an SS 396 car, and he dropped in a 454 stroker motor. If any of the bowtie boys out there know differently, then please do educate me, and I'll gladly admit to being wrong. I just hate it when an article is misleading, as I believe this one to be.

All that being said, that thing is beautiful, and easily one of the finest examples I've ever seen. Love the color, even if it's not green! ;)

I was trying to find info on it because I can't find that Chevrolet ever built it. Maybe some dealership swapped and sold a handful of them.

My cousin has a very nice green Chevelle show car. ;)

I'm no bowtie expert but I'd never heard of this being offered as a factory option. So I'll agree with you & Hugh that I'm not buying it's a true factory car.

I guess I'm the only one who doesn't mind the Autometer dash. The layout was executed very well & it looks good. So for me I don't mind it.
I had those Scat seats in my TJ before & loved them so I can understand swapping those in over factory buckets or bench seat. And I'm using that Art Carr shifter in my TJ now so honestly I was a little surprised to see it there.

View attachment 409377

The 1969 Chevrolet Chevelle SS 582 was a high-performance version of the popular Chevelle muscle car. It was powered by a massive 582 cubic inch V8 engine that produced a staggering 750 horsepower and 750 lb-ft of torque. This engine was capable of propelling the Chevelle SS 582 to impressive speeds and making it a formidable force on the track.

In addition to its impressive performance, the Chevelle SS 582 also featured a number of distinctive styling elements, including a blacked-out grille, functional hood scoop, and special striping. These features helped to set it apart from other versions of the Chevelle and gave it a unique and aggressive appearance.

View attachment 409378

Despite its impressive performance and styling, the Chevelle SS 582 was not a widely produced model. It was built in limited quantities and is highly sought after by collectors and enthusiasts today. Those who are lucky enough to own one of these rare and powerful muscle cars are sure to have a truly special and unique vehicle in their collection.

As someone who has seen countless Chevrolet muscle car builds, I can confidently say that this 1969 Chevelle SS is truly special. It’s clear that the owner has put a lot of time and money into this build, but they’ve done it with expert knowledge and attention to detail.

View attachment 409379

I also take issue with the way the article was written. It implies that this is a limited edition factory-built car. The constant use of the word "was" seems to indicate that (reread the article, and you'll see what I mean. I'm having a hard time explaining it). Anyways, I'm calling b.s. on that. This is someone's example of a gorgeous build, and he can call it an SS 582 if he wants, but that article is taking liberties with its origin. I'm guessing it started out as an SS 396 car, and he dropped in a 454 stroker motor. If any of the bowtie boys out there know differently, then please do educate me, and I'll gladly admit to being wrong. I just hate it when an article is misleading, as I believe this one to be.

That article was either written by AI, or someone plagiarized an article about a 396 car and put in what they wanted. Either way, it's poorly done. That car is someone's hot rod, not some rare factory car by any stretch of the imagination. If it was by chance a rare optioned SS 396 car, it's dead and gone now. You get a 582 by boring a 572 20 or 30 over. For those that don't know, the 572 is a crate engine that came to market around the year 2000. They're big and beautiful and make gobs of power.

I know a guy who bought and built one (he was an engine builder for Childress at that time) when they were still new. He put it in his Camaro and raced it on the show Pinks the first time they went to ZMAX.

1679491885557.png

Last edited:
That article was either written by AI, or someone plagiarized an article about a 396 car and put in what they wanted. Either way, it's poorly done. That car is someone's hot rod, not some rare factory car by any stretch of the imagination. If it was by chance a rare optioned SS 396 car, it's dead and gone now. You get a 582 by boring a 572 20 or 30 over. For those that don't know, the 572 is a crate engine that came to market around the year 2000. They're big and beautiful and gobs of power.

I knew about the 572 but wasn't thinking about it being bored to get the cubes stated in the article. And like everyone else I'll 100% agree it was a poorly written article. But the car does look good.

I know a guy who bought and built one (he was an engine builder for Childress at that time) when they were still new. He put it in his Camaro and raced it on the show Pinks the first time they went to ZMAX.

Here's the episode of Pinks from '09. I'm pretty sure I see myself in the crowd. ;) Glen drives a '69 Camaro, and his son used to drive that car to school now and then (his son and I are of similar age). I remember there was a Honda hatchback at Pinks that day giving the V8 cars hell. I'll have to watch this episode later for the memories.

Last edited:
Well, we can all agree that it's a gorgeous ride. It's so nice that I'd be afraid to drive the thing. Not sure that I would ever want something that's been elevated to that status.

This is how most of my vehicles start out...:rolleyes:
View attachment 409425

Have you been snooping in my backyard?

Well, we can all agree that it's a gorgeous ride. It's so nice that I'd be afraid to drive the thing. Not sure that I would ever want something that's been elevated to that status.

This is how most of my vehicles start out...:rolleyes:
View attachment 409425

Yes the idea of someone hitting you while you're out for a Sunday drive would scare me more than anything. Or having it be stolen.

Not to get political but our current world if FUBAR.