Car pics too cool not to share

I seem to remember people breaking off shock mounts from overloading those old air shocks too.

But I was also one of those KIDS who put those 2" longer shackles and air shocks in the rear of one of my cars.

Also bent the heck out of one leaf spring and other stuff for being young and dumb.

Reactions: reddvltj
Depends on how I was to build something. I like the new chassis if I plan on driving it as opposed to if it's just a show rig. And I'm more into enjoying things as opposed to just looking at it.

A lot of my car buddies have abandoned the (now) old "mustang II" IFS setups in favor of original, or traditional beam axle setups lately. I've ridden in plenty of both setups and can say the traditional beam axle setups seem to ride better. The generic mustang II/IFS setups are done more so for show than anything, and usually windup riding like crap.

A lot of my car buddies have abandoned the (now) old "mustang II" IFS setups in favor of original, or traditional beam axle setups lately. I've ridden in plenty of both setups and can say the traditional beam axle setups seem to ride better. The generic mustang II/IFS setups are done more so for show than anything, and usually windup riding like crap.

Been a few years since I'd been in traditional beam axle setup but the ones I'd been in hadn't rode or handled well. But it might have been worn out parts?
I was meaning more complete built chassis that are on the market. While I know it's big bucks I guess if I was trying to build something like that rod I'd try to do it "RIGHT". But many would argue that I didn't listen to advice here either so I'd build it wrong too.

• Haha
Reactions: reddvltj and BlueC
1966 or 67 Ford Farlane GT? Looks like a newer powerplant? Supercharged 5.4 or 5.0?

_nc_ohc=BeVOJUX7E-EAX-D5QXw&_nc_ht=scontent-sea1-1.jpg

Debate if it's a GT or not? I don't know enough about them.

Been a few years since I'd been in traditional beam axle setup but the ones I'd been in hadn't rode or handled well. But it might have been worn out parts?
I was meaning more complete built chassis that are on the market. While I know it's big bucks I guess if I was trying to build something like that rod I'd try to do it "RIGHT". But many would argue that I didn't listen to advice here either so I'd build it wrong too.

When people complain about the handling and ride of an old car, the first thing I jump on is worn out parts, usually rubber. It's surprising how quick guys will overlook basic stuff and fire off a parts cannon of stuff they saw on a show or magazine. Honestly, I don't think I’ve ever ridden in anything with a completely new custom frame like from Fatman or Art Morrison, but for a $15,000+ chassis, they better ride beautify.

When people complain about the handling and ride of an old car, the first thing I jump on is worn out parts, usually rubber. It's surprising how quick guys will overlook basic stuff and fire off a parts cannon of stuff they saw on a show or magazine. Honestly, I don't think I’ve ever ridden in anything with a completely new custom frame like from Fatman or Art Morrison, but for a $15,000+ chassis, they better ride beautify.

My experience with the old beam axles was it was almost always king pins. But I'm also talking 40 years ago too.

Yes I'd LOVE to ride in one of those custom chassis but my pocketbook doesn't run that deep.

Edit: I do remember when the Mustang II frontend conversion became popular. Am I dating myself now?

But where's his Keystones? :unsure:

I would take a factory rally wheel (on just about any make or model) over aftermarket wheels. The lone exception would be the old school (straight spoke) Torq Thrusts. In my eyes, they're as perfect as a wheel can get.

Last edited:
I would take a factory rally wheel (on just about any make or model) over aftermarket wheels. The lone exception would be the old school (straight spoke) Torq Thrusts. In my eyes, they're as perfect as a wheel can get.

I'm a fan of chrome Supremes and white walls myself, but I tend to have a little more of a cruiser flavor. :cool:
1685490882581.png

00-1-0 (1).jpg

But what would it look like with white walls? :unsure::LOL: (please, nobody put white walls on a Jeep)
This one V isn't so much a white wall tire, but an old delaminating tire.

View attachment 428864

My passenger, front was just like that when I bought the TJ. You don't think it adds a certain touch of class to our rides? Haters gonna hate, I guess...:ROFLMAO:

My passenger, front was just like that when I bought the TJ. You don't think it adds a certain touch of class to our rides? Haters gonna hate, I guess...:ROFLMAO:

I guess that depends on which "class" we're talking. ;)

The red one I posted, man, it was rough, and someone was asking something like $7,500 for it.

1685703971662.png

Here's something I hate, a show mixing late models with classics and antiques. I don't mind cars from the '90s mixing in with old car because, well, they're getting old now too, but I don't want to see ~2010 Chargers/Challengers/Cameros/Mustangs etc. mixing into the event. If I want to see those, I'll look around in any generic parking lot. Just something that's been happening more frequently and I hate it.