Car pics too cool not to share

I also found this Datsun from a few years ago. I was talking to the wife who told me it was her husband's high school car. It got run-down like drivers do. Family life happened, and they dragged it around with them. He finally got to a point where he could work on it and restored it to the point in the pic, probably 90% done, then he lost interest in it and was ready to sell it. :( It had been sitting stagnant a few years at this point. Of course, maybe it was her wanting it gone... :unsure:

View attachment 477502

Did you buy it?

Reactions: reddvltj
That's an Eldorado Bolero. Rare car, my friend. Looks like it met a sad fate, judging by the hood. Too bad, too. You could be riding around in...ummm...style? ;)

Yeah, "style" :sneaky:

1701114218836.png

The dude gave me a basic story on it. He must have been doing ok in the late '70 through the '80s, but I'm not quite sure his business was the tax paying kind. He told me he bought the Caddy new, I think he said he paid $20,000 for it, then bought his wife some special edition Lincoln of similar vintage, both of which he still has. I think he said sometime in the mid 2000s a girl pulled out in front of him and that's what happened to the Caddy. Sadly, I think he blew everything he had when he was younger because his life was looking like that Caddy.

Yeah, "style" :sneaky:

View attachment 477590

The dude gave me a basic story on it. He must have been doing ok in the late '70 through the '80s, but I'm not quite sure his business was the tax paying kind. He told me he bought the Caddy new, I think he said he paid $20,000 for it, then bought his wife some special edition Lincoln of similar vintage, both of which he still has. I think he said sometime in the mid 2000s a girl pulled out in front of him and that's what happened to the Caddy. Sadly, I think he blew everything he had when he was younger because his life was looking like that Caddy.

Hmmm...Maybe his "business" blew away one day with a big wind...?
chevy chase 80s GIF by absurdnoise

Wow! Check this out. Look at the amount of damage the dogs do to these new cars. I'd like to see them try that on some old iron. Damn dogs would end-up needing dentures. ;)

Did it for the pussy.

I'd give them their last drink.

$100k to $350k for 5 cars?

Might want to check and make sure they didn't bait the dogs to the cars for that kind of money.

That's an Eldorado Bolero. Rare car, my friend. Looks like it met a sad fate, judging by the hood. Too bad, too. You could be riding around in...ummm...style? ;)

View attachment 477576

View attachment 477577

View attachment 477579

View attachment 477580

View attachment 477584

Talk about a "crumple-zone". Look at the space between the engine and the cowl/firewall!
View attachment 477583

Think of this Caddy as the Polar opposite of a 70 - 72 Monto Carlo crumple zone.

2016-02-18_14-38-13.jpg
:LOL:

The "crumple-zone" comments reminded me that there were some years of Imperials (or erroneously referred to as Chrysler Imperial) that were banned from use in demolition derbies. Here's a little blurb from Wikipedia:

"Competitors have traditionally used full-size, American-made sedans and station wagons, especially those from the 1960s and 1970s,[1] which are larger, heavier, and had more robust frames than later full-size vehicles. The 1964–1966 Imperial achieved near-legendary status for its crashworthiness, and it is still banned from most derby events.[5][9] Scrap vehicles are purchased from junkyards and private owners,[1] usually for less than US$500, though some select (and rust-free) mid-1970s sedans and station wagons may go for more than $1,000. Vehicles are often patched up and re-used for several events."

Reactions: reddvltj
The "crumple-zone" comments reminded me that there were some years of Imperials (or erroneously referred to as Chrysler Imperial) that were banned from use in demolition derbies.

I understood that to be the body-on-frame cars, so '66 and back, but I've also heard that all big imperials were banned. I can't imagine being battered with 6,000 pounds of

1701118902873.png

The 1964–1966 Imperial achieved near-legendary status for its crashworthiness, and it is still banned from most derby events.

I remember hearing the same thing about Superior bodied Cadillac ambulances and hearse's. And I've never seen a mid 60's Imperial or Superior Bodied ambulance or hearse in a Demo Derby. So that proves it's true right ?!!!! HaHA :ROFLMAO:

The "crumple-zone" comments reminded me that there were some years of Imperials (or erroneously referred to as Chrysler Imperial) that were banned from use in demolition derbies. Here's a little blurb from Wikipedia:

"Competitors have traditionally used full-size, American-made sedans and station wagons, especially those from the 1960s and 1970s,[1] which are larger, heavier, and had more robust frames than later full-size vehicles. The 1964–1966 Imperial achieved near-legendary status for its crashworthiness, and it is still banned from most derby events.[5][9] Scrap vehicles are purchased from junkyards and private owners,[1] usually for less than US$500, though some select (and rust-free) mid-1970s sedans and station wagons may go for more than $1,000. Vehicles are often patched up and re-used for several events."

Lincolns were a close second. I think they both got banned around here as well eventually. Otherwise, a demo derby full of Imperials and Lincolns would go on all damn nite!

My wife's first husband got into a head on in a 454 Nova. After that, he drove Imperials for many years, maybe even up till he died.

• Haha
Reactions: Squatch
Lincolns were a close second. I think they both got banned around here as well eventually. Otherwise, a demo derby full of Imperials and Lincolns would go on all damn nite!

My wife's first husband got into a head on in a 454 Nova. After that, he drove Imperials for many years, maybe even up till he died.

An all-night demo derby. Now that's a redneck's dream, come-true! :)

I've never seen a mid 60's Imperial or Superior Bodied ambulance or hearse in a Demo Derby.

You know what, I've never seen a wrecked body-on-frame Imperial. I know they have been rare antiques my whole life, but I've never seen one wrecked, and there used to be a junkyard nearby with about a dozen of those cars. Maybe they can't be killed, maybe they just fade away.... :unsure:
1701180980692.png