Car pics too cool not to share

My wife's first husband got into a head on in a 454 Nova. After that, he drove Imperials for many years, maybe even up till he died.

Having ridden in both, that's a hell of a change. I know his ass and ears liked that Imperial much better. ;)

• Haha
Reactions: Squatch
My wife says that she was BEYOND pissed that it happened. She loved that car!

Poor wife. From what I know, all yall have now is some slow old Mercedes and a TJ. :( You should get her a rowdy Nova for Christmas. ;)
1701187007853.png

Poor wife. From what I know, all y'all have now is some slow old Mercedes and a TJ. :( You should get her a rowdy Nova for Christmas. ;)
View attachment 477786

She drives a Fiat Pop, and loves it. She test drove a (manual) Mustang 5.0 convertible a few years ago, the sales droid turned the same color as the white seats. She decided that she'd do nothing but get tickets with the thing - thank Goddess she's grown up!

• Haha
Reactions: Squatch and BlueC
You know what, I've never seen a wrecked body-on-frame Imperial. I know they have been rare antiques my whole life, but I've never seen one wrecked, and there used to be a junkyard nearby with about a dozen of those cars. Maybe they can't be killed, maybe they just fade away.... :unsure:
View attachment 477752

They likely just need brakes , since you can't get parts they get scrapped. :(

I will not own an Imperial with disc brakes for that very reason. Went through trying to get disc brake parts for a '67 Imperial convertible. Six months of searching, and no success. I gave up the car solely for that reason. Never again. :(

She drives a Fiat Pop, and loves it. She test drove a (manual) Mustang 5.0 convertible a few years ago, the sales droid turned the same color as the white seats. She decided that she'd do nothing but get tickets with the thing - thank Goddess she's grown up!

Maybe she could combine the 5.0 and Fiat idea and get a R-5 ;)
1985-renault-r5-turbo-2-evolution.jpg

Maybe she could combine the 5.0 and Fiat idea and get a R-5 ;)
View attachment 477928

She had a T-bird for awhile - one of the 90s versions that looked like a Camaro. Wasn't a car I was fond of. But my next door neighbor, a sometime race car driver, put it best. "Put her in the (race) car, tell her its 5 O'Clock, and these people are in her way!" She evidently made an impression on him at some point.

• Haha
Reactions: Squatch

Sad but true. Those cars I mentioned were out in that junkyard pre-2000, so they were literary worth scrap back then, which is sadly where I think they ended up as the EPA cracked down and that yard no longer exist. It seems like they had 400-500 cars to clear out, and it was nothing but pre '80s iron.

Here is one of that yards' nearby competition. This one is still in business, but dwindling, just look at that now vacant land. Yards around here with old iron are nearly gone.

1701268977115.png

I will not own an Imperial with disc brakes for that very reason. Went through trying to get disc brake parts for a '67 Imperial convertible. Six months of searching, and no success. I gave up the car solely for that reason. Never again. :(

Have I mentioned the struggle I went through to find a headlight switch for my New Yorker? If not, well, let's just say I still don't have the correct switch, just one that mostly works. When my original switch went, I tried some new parts store units which wouldn't event turn on my lights, then I spent about a year calling around the country to MoPar salvage yards trying to find a switch with matching part number, which 2-3 of those guys told me they have never seen that part number. 😬 (my original part number is in the factory service/parts book, so it is MoPar) After trying about a 1/2 dozen I finally got one that would operate everything but my dome light :rolleyes: so that's what I'm running. I did find a guy up in BC that rebuilds original switches, I need to send my original.

That's another lesson these old cars have taught me, never throw stuff away until you know 100% you don't need it, or it can't be useful.

“Blown Income” 52 Henry J Corsair Gasser Dynod at 690HP!!
W/ Dart 427 block built by Kenny Dutwieler as a pump gas screamer using Brodix aluminum heads Jessel shaft rockers Diamond 9:4:1 pistons Crower custom roller cam 6-71 supercharger and Hillborn injection. A B&M Clutch Turbo is mated to a McLeod twin disc clutch that runs the dynod 690hp at 6500 rpms to a Ford 9 inch rear end running 4:11 gears. Front suspension consists of a Speedway front axle with Ford spindles Wilwood disc brakes and Competition Engineering 3 way adjustable shocks. The rear suspension is the stock springs on rollers with four foot ladder bars Competition Engineering 3 way shocks and Ford drum brakes!!

1701309052463.png

1701309091230.png

1701309122360.png