Car pics too cool not to share

It's enough to make me cry....

1701407202677.png

I've seen a few as well. This '55 is just a few miles from me. It has sat in this parking spot my whole life, slowly degrading. When I was a kid, it was a nice car with shinny paint. The story I was told was that the owner fixed it up for his wife back in the '80s, then she got sick and died a little while later. He parked it in front of his business, and it hasn't moved since, and he won't sell it.

View attachment 478415
View attachment 478417
View attachment 478418

Crazy things happen. I noticed that '55 was gone today. In its place sits a box truck for sale. I found the Chevy at an abandoned motel bout 1/4 mile down the road. :unsure:

IMG_1494.JPG

IMG_1496.JPG

Crazy things happen. I noticed that '55 was gone today. In its place sits a box truck for sale. I found the Chevy at an abandoned motel bout 1/4 mile down the road. :unsure:

View attachment 478656

View attachment 478658

The "abandoned" part of the motel rather concerns me, as far as the car goes. I wonder what gives? Why is that poor '55 there? I feel bad for that poor car. It deserves better.

The "abandoned" part of the motel rather concerns me, as far as the car goes. I wonder what gives? Why is that poor '55 there? I feel bad for that poor car. It deserves better.

IDK. I'm going to do some digging and see what I find. 30+ years in one spot and now it moves. Something is happening with it.