Car pics too cool not to share

‘SnakePit,” a radical six-engine dragster designed by George Barris - Power is provided by six Cobra-Ford 351cid V8 engines which feed a pair of automatic transmissions. H&H says the vehicle was designed to produce 2,000 horsepower and achieve a top speed of 300 mph.

View attachment 481252

View attachment 481253

View attachment 481254

It does seem that the supposed speed records statement might be a little over the top.

It looks like a bar, straight from the late '60s/early '70s!!!

1702245123332.png

But then shouldn't it have a Redwood top buried in poly resin with beer labels , dollar bills and some chick's Polaroid photo under the poly ? :LOL:

Okay, so are you trying to say that you really, really want to share a picture of your "rec room" with us? ;)

Need to find me one in this condition.... Maybe someday...

View attachment 481260

View attachment 481261

View attachment 481264

And I REALLY like the Generator (not Alternator) & Power Steering setup... I can remember working on these as a teenager and had a generator that had something go bad in the wiring and it ran after I had turned off the engine so that when I came back out to it there was smoke coming out from under the hood and my fan belt was smoked.... The generator had to be isolated from the battery when turned off because it would turn into a motor. Fo those that don't know the generator was 12V DC as opposed to an alternator which is AC and uses diodes and rectifier to turn the AC voltage into DC voltage.

View attachment 481265

Hmmmm, where have I seen the almost exact same image recentlyright down to the generator/ps pump combo...?

:ROFLMAO: I just can't put my finger on it.....:ROFLMAO:

On that note, the guy that put money down on it, hasn't been back by since. He said he'd be back with the rest of the money by the end of December. Not sure what's going to happen if he doesn't come back for it.

Reactions: Wildman
Hmmmm, where have I seen the almost exact same image recentlyright down to the generator/ps pump combo...?

:ROFLMAO: I just can't put my finger on it.....:ROFLMAO:

On that note, the guy that put money down on it, hasn't been back by since. He said he'd be back with the rest of the money by the end of December. Not sure what's going to happen if he doesn't come back for it.

If he doesn't come back let me know... Cause I know someone who might want it.... Damn I must be crazy...

Edit: I just always found it KEWL how they did stuff in the 50's. My other 57 Chevy I had didn't have power steering.

Somehow I don't see a 235 with it's amazing rev ability of about 3900 r.p.m. coupled with 5.83 gears pullin the hides that far out of the water. :unsure:

Me either, but it's fun to dream. I was thinking with a high RPM clutch-drop, one good high altitude hop would be possible, but if 3,900 RPM is about its limit, then you're probably right: Exceeds reality. Bummer. Now I'm gonna go join a Hyundai forum. I'm that bummed out... :cry: Thanks, buddy. :LOL:

Me either, but it's fun to dream. I was thinking with a high RPM clutch-drop, one good high altitude hop would be possible, but if 3,900 RPM is about its limit, then you're probably right: Exceeds reality. Bummer. Now I'm gonna go join a Hyundai forum. I'm that bummed out... :cry: Thanks, buddy. :LOL:

Don't tell me you guys forgot about Poncho-power. I really want one of these engines.
1702304035219.png