Car pics too cool not to share

I think these are some of the sexiest vehicles out there. I'd take one of these over a convertible. The first two are '59s, while the others are my favorites, the 1960 version.

1653044477381.png
1653044531639.png
1653044596569.png
1653044927161.png
1653044966759.png
1653044985686.png

Dimmer switch on the floor.
Hand throttle
Hand choke
Overdrive 'T' handle
3 on the tree.
Cigar lighter.
Wing windows
VACUUM Windshield Wiper
Foot pump windshield washer
Hand crank wipers
Suicide knob
Tissue Dispenser
Manual floor and cowl vents

Should I save some for others?
8 track
Cassette
CD changer

Would love to know more about the car. Any more pics?
No more pictures believe it or not. At least none that are digital. Just never bothered.

I have a long-winded version of some of my fun with the car but not sure the TJ group gives a shit. I can PM it if you want a giggle or 2 or post it up here.

Met a lot of great folks on the Buick forums and built my GS much the same way I'm modding the LJR, with help from my new forum buddies. It is much appreciated. I did manage to meet some of my pals from those forums, at Vegas and Seattle and even took a couple of them to my favorite, secret brookie creek in Montana. If I grow a pair (and can afford fuel by then) I'll try to make TJ Moab or such before it's too late. Local TJ buddy is on my to get to Moab with him.

No more pictures believe it or not. At least none that are digital. Just never bothered.

I have a long-winded version of some of my fun with the car but not sure the TJ group gives a shit. I can PM it if you want a giggle or 2 or post it up here.

Met a lot of great folks on the Buick forums and built my GS much the same way I'm modding the LJR, with help from my new forum buddies. It is much appreciated. I did manage to meet some of my pals from those forums, at Vegas and Seattle and even took a couple of them to my favorite, secret brookie creek in Montana. If I grow a pair (and can afford fuel by then) I'll try to make TJ Moab or such before it's too late. Local TJ buddy is on my to get to Moab with him.
I'm always up for some automotive dialog. I've owned a bit over 300 vehicles (320-ish?), so I think I solidly qualify as an automotive slut! ;) Feel free to PM. And like you, I never bothered with pictures through the years. I truly do regret it, too.

I ever only drove a 3 on the tree once, although I rode in enough of them as a kid. 3 on the tree contributed to the decline of Detroit, all the imports had 4 on the floor. My dad was seriously considering a Pacer until he found out that the only manual transmission option was a 3 speed, so he went and bought another VW. Which turned out to be a mistake, but that's another story.

I stumbled across this yesterday sitting out front at a large old-iron junkyard, which are getting few and far between. Too many cars to take pics of. Very few modern cars and lots of pre '70s vehicles.

1653068240647.png

IMG_2971.JPG

Nitpicking here, but those pictures were staged marketing pics for the "barn find" Dayton. I've really come to hate that term. It was actually just kept in someone's carport.

View attachment 331789
View attachment 331790

I have a couple cars stored just like that. I wonder how much the "barn find" term would help if I wanted to sell. :unsure:
Honestly, I'm not surprised at all. You are correct in that "barn find" is an over-used term used solely for marketing a car, anymore. In the same fashion, the term "rat rod" got over-used to sell any POS parts car (if there was enough of the car even left to sell). I bought a true barn-find '56 Victoria a number of years back, and more than my share of "field cars", as well. There is a difference between the authentic stuff, and staged. Thanks for sharing that bit of info, bud.

Reactions: reddvltj and BlueC
Okay, here's some more legitimate sadness (I would think these would be kind of hard to fake)...
View attachment 331802View attachment 331803View attachment 331804View attachment 331805View attachment 331806View attachment 331807

I've seen that '64 before. I think it was the victim of a "mustang owner" doing donuts or a burnout beyond their driving limits.

That Vette, the '64 and the "bird" look fixable. The others, not so much.

Edit; I just noticed that Vette is a slit-window. That makes it extra sad.

Last edited: