Car pics too cool not to share

Remember these crazy things? (I kinda like 'em...)

1653106079164.png
1653106101323.png
1653106238575.png
1653106278543.png

Favorite steering wheels:

1960 Oldsmobile

View attachment 331905

1960 Plymouth Fury
View attachment 331906

@Squatch You really put forth a challenge with finding my favorite steering wheels and interiors. I'm still thinking about the interiors. My favorite steering wheels are any of the translucent/clear and/or flaked wheels. Poncho wheel below.

1653138580935.png

My Chrysler has a clear one, and I love that, but it will have to be restored one day and at $1,500+ I won't love that.
Astradome Chrysler
1653144304275.png

@Squatch You really put forth a challenge with finding my favorite steering wheels and interiors. I'm still thinking about the interiors. My favorite steering wheels are any of the translucent/clear and/or flaked wheels. Poncho wheel below.

View attachment 331989

My Chrysler has a clear one, and I love that, but it will have to be restored one day and at $1,500+ I won't love that.
Astradome Chrysler
View attachment 331993
Those Chrysler gauge pods are amazing! I had an opportunity to buy a white convertible with that dash arrangement ('65? Been at least 35 years since I saw it). Always a favorite! And yes, love those translucent steering wheels!

Reactions: reddvltj and BlueC
Those Chrysler gauge pods are amazing! I had an opportunity to buy a white convertible with that dash arrangement ('65? Been at least 35 years since I saw it). Always a favorite! And yes, love those translucent steering wheels!

The AstraDome is probably my favorite instrument panel. (y) They came in '60-62 cars.

1653153970995.png

Makes for an awesome looking period custom piece too.

1653154160736.png

Last edited:
The more automation and electronic gizmo bull shit they push into the newer cars, the more I appreciate and want the simple mechanical stuff of years gone by.

Yep. Even motorcycles have gizmo shit now that just makes me shake my head. As we dumb down the operation of a vehicle IMO we're making poor drivers who can't properly drive anymore.

And of course our resident member will agree with all of this.. @Zorba enjoy.

Yep. Even motorcycles have gizmo shit now that just makes me shake my head. As we dumb down the operation of a vehicle IMO we're making poor drivers who can't properly drive anymore.

I couldn't agree more.

My uncle and a neighbor have newer Indians that are loaded with crap like heated grips and built-in touch screens. I don't need or want that. But there are two things those bikes have that seem pretty nice. 1) ABS, 2) a windshield that rolls up and down. I've done my share of panic stops and been caught in pretty nasty weather without a windshield. (hail really sucks on a motorcycle and there's never a bridge around when it happens :LOL:) Those two luxuries sound kind of nice to me.

Reactions: Squatch
I couldn't agree more.

My uncle and a neighbor have newer Indians that are loaded with crap like heated grips and built-in touch screens. I don't need or want that. But there are two things those bikes have that seem pretty nice. 1) ABS, 2) a windshield that rolls up and down. I've done my share of panic stops and been caught in pretty nasty weather without a windshield. (hail really sucks on a motorcycle and there's never a bridge around when it happens :LOL:) Those two luxuries sound kind of nice to me.

I have heated grips and seat plus a touch screen radio on my Harley too. And ABS plus cruise control which I LOVE. But the newer ones have roll control for hills which I find stupid. Now on some they have traction control also which I have mixed feelings about.

I made sure that the bike I bought my daughter had ABS. For new riders I think it's great.

Reactions: Squatch
Power Wagons ! A buddy of mine in high school had a 49', looks invincible. However I have never seen a more helpless 4X4 off road in the Rockies.
They have the articulation of a solid tire inside forklift. My buddy 's cousin that we wheeled with had a new 1976 F-150 that was stock with street treads.
It would drive circles around the Power Wagon, even though the PW had Aggressive 9:00 - 16 tires that were 36" tall. Crazy but true !!!! :oops:

• Wow
Reactions: Zorba and Wildman
Power Wagons ! A buddy of mine in high school had a 49', looks invincible. However I have never seen a more helpless 4X4 off road in the Rockies.
They have the articulation of a solid tire inside forklift. My buddy 's cousin that we wheeled with had a new 1976 F-150 that was stock with street treads.
It would drive circles around the Power Wagon, even though the PW had Aggressive 9:00 - 16 tires that were 36" tall. Crazy but true !!!! :oops:
There's a solution to that:

Reactions: Squatch and Wildman