Car pics too cool not to share

Sad, really really sad 😔

FB_IMG_1712094031279.jpg

Just a point of information, because I forgot to do it yesterday; April 1st, 1970 was the day that American Motors introduced the Gremlin. Love it or hate it, it put food on our table and kept a roof over our heads. My Dad said to me, about a month before the release, that the car looked like someone took an ax to the ass end of a Hornet.

My dream car is a Gremlin X with a massaged 401 and a 5 speed.

Just a point of information, because I forgot to do it yesterday; April 1st, 1970 was the day that American Motors introduced the Gremlin. Love it or hate it, it put food on our table and kept a roof over our heads. My Dad said to me, about a month before the release, that the car looked like someone took an ax to the ass end of a Hornet.

My dream car is a Gremlin X with a massaged 401 and a 5 speed.

That's a hoot, as I intended on posting on the Gremlin's April Fool's Day release as well, and plumb forgot to do so. As for your dream car, I approve!!! (y)

Reactions: Wildman and Cheesy
@cliffish qualifies as a real car guy, and a damn friendly one, too. I think he still has his Vette...

One of my closest friends is a ‘Vette guy. And he is decidedly not an asshole.

Although I call him that quite often, but that’s another story…

@cliffish qualifies as a real car guy, and a damn friendly one, too. I think he still has his Vette...

One of my closest friends is a ‘Vette guy. And he is decidedly not an asshole.

Although I call him that quite often, but that’s another story…

Guys, it's ok, we can speak the truth here. My dad has two 'Vettes, I think I know the signs of an asshole when I see 'em. ;) :LOL:

On a more serious note, I know a few 'Vette guys who are normal guys. Truly it's the Corvette club guys and the show "trophy chasers" (not chubby chasers, well maybe some) that are pretentious assholes. The guys who wear driving gloves and talk about some shinny trophy they have are a prime example.

BTW @Squatch didn't cliffish sell his car? That was the yellow late C3 car?

This AARP guy hasn't been able to get in or out of a 'Vette since the C4

I'm tellin' yall, you should hear some of my older friends getting in and out of these cars. Between the general creaks, pops and moans of a haunted house and sounding like Bugs getting into hot water, I can't help but laugh. :LOL: I know it's coming, so I stretch daily.

That's a hoot, as I intended on posting on the Gremlin's April Fool's Day release as well, and plumb forgot to do so. As for your dream car, I approve!!! (y)

It was good being a teenager in SW Wisconsin in the early seventies. Somehow I managed back to back study halls my senior year,* and because I wasn't a troublemaker, I was able to bail two hours early during the time I wasn't doing after school sports. Part of the deal was I had to go to the AMC Proving Grounds where Dad worked. He had to call the office when I got there.
I got to see the cool stuff that wasn't released and sometimes drove it. They had a pair of prototype Gremmys with a 401 sitting there. One with a 2 barrel and a Torque-Flite and the other they went nuts on. 4 barrel, manifold, headers, 4 speed, suspension and disks on all four corners. The mild one was a screamer. Dad wouldn't let me drive the other one. ;) Alas, the OPEC oil embargo killed that project.

*I knew why. Another story for another time.

They had a pair of prototype Gremmys with a 401 sitting there. One with a 2 barrel and a Torque-Flite and the other they went nuts on. 4 barrel, manifold, headers, 4 speed, suspension and disks on all four corners. The mild one was a screamer. Dad wouldn't let me drive the other one. ;)

So when can we expect to see your version completed?

1712152104069.jpeg

1712152153880.jpeg