Car pics too cool not to share

Here's Dreamer's Dodge version ca 1978:

arctic sun.jpeg

Still the baddest ass 7th wheel trailer ever made. Trailer Life advised towing it after dark, the 440 tended to overheat apparently.

I saw one of the movie cars in person last year. It's just as cheap looking in person. Still one of my favorite movies.

View attachment 528878

View attachment 528879

“If you think you hate it now, just wait till you drive it”

The movie cars were built by Barris. He did a good job of overemphasizing all the bad trends of the time.

This is something I've driven by for almost a decade now. I took this picture just last week before it becomes hidden until late fall.

IMG_20240514_140100205.jpg

Stroh's Bohemian-Style Pilsner was my dad's #1 preference until some time in the late 70s / early 80s. I'm not sure why but if you asked what happened, it probably had something to do with race.

This is something I've driven by for almost a decade now. I took this picture just last week before it becomes hidden until late fall.

View attachment 528977

Stroh's Bohemian-Style Pilsner was my dad's #1 preference until some time in the late 70s / early 80s. I'm not sure why but if you asked what happened, it probably had something to do with race.

An abandoned beer truck. Now that just may qualify as the saddest thing I've ever seen...;)

An abandoned beer truck.

Quick story about an abandoned beer truck, kind of. My uncle used to have a commercial masonry business and had a crew of about 20 guys. Those guys drove two big vans to the job site every day, and my uncle drove separate, usually about an hour behind. Well one morning my uncle got to the job site and none of his guys were there. He waited around for an hour or so before decided to go looking for them. He found them about halfway to the site, sitting at a park, most of them already drunk at like 10 am. :LOL: Apparently what had happened was when they pulled into a gas station to get supplies, a beer truck just happened to be there restocking the coolers, so while the beer guy was unloading one side of the truck, they unloaded the other. Of course the few guys with license were drunk. :ROFLMAO: I forget how he got everybody and his equipment back home, but he was pissed.

Quick story about an abandoned beer truck, kind of. My uncle used to have a commercial masonry business and had a crew of about 20 guys. Those guys drove two big vans to the job site every day, and my uncle drove separate, usually about an hour behind. Well one morning my uncle got to the job site and none of his guys were there. He waited around for an hour or so before decided to go looking for them. He found them about halfway to the site, sitting at a park, most of them already drunk at like 10 am. :LOL: Apparently what had happened was when they pulled into a gas station to get supplies, a beer truck just happened to be there restocking the coolers, so while the beer guy was unloading one side of the truck, they unloaded the other. Of course the few guys with license were drunk. :ROFLMAO: I forget how he got everybody and his equipment back home, but he was pissed.

Now that is a story for the ages! Classic! :ROFLMAO:

Now that is a story for the ages! Classic! :ROFLMAO:

I know some characters, some may or may not be family members. :sneaky: I have more than a few stories like that in the 'ol catalog.

Since he's on my mind, I'll tell another quick one about my uncles "most dependable guy", Ross. (he really was a decent guy, he just made "redneck" choices ;)) One day in the mid '90s Ross got his license back and was excited to get to drive his 5.0 Mustang again. He took a Friday off to get everything done, which he did, so he went out riding or was driving back home. Well, while he was cruising down the road he came up on another Mustang and thought it would be fun to race, so he gets on the guys' ass, he's revving and blowing his horn trying to prod him into a race, you know, the usual stuff. Well, that car doesn't go for it, so Ross speeds around him, and when he does, he flips the guy the bird, which is when Ross sees the big State Trooper. Ross had his license for less than 24 hours. :ROFLMAO:

One of these.
1716411443653.jpeg

I know some characters, some may or may not be family members. :sneaky: I have more than a few stories like that in the 'ol catalog.

Since he's on my mind, I'll tell another quick one about my uncles "most dependable guy", Ross. (he really was a decent guy, he just made "redneck" choices ;)) One day in the mid '90s Ross got his license back and was excited to get to drive his 5.0 Mustang again. He took a Friday off to get everything done, which he did, so he went out riding or was driving back home. Well, while he was cruising down the road he came up on another Mustang and thought it would be fun to race, so he gets on the guys' ass, he's revving and blowing his horn trying to prod him into a race, you know, the usual stuff. Well, that car doesn't go for it, so Ross speeds around him, and when he does, he flips the guy the bird, which is when Ross sees the big State Trooper. Ross had his license for less than 24 hours. :ROFLMAO:

One of these.
View attachment 529020

He was in the lead so I’d say he was winning when the race ended.

One of these.
View attachment 529020

I remember those 5.0 LX Mustang State Patrol cars. There used to be one in upstate New York (Saratoga) who ran around with a baby blanket and a beach ball or soccer ball in the back window. Sneaky bastard...:sneaky: