Car pics too cool not to share

I had a friend in high school who got into Buicks, big-time. He ended up owning a business that did nothing but restore Buicks, with his specialty being the GS and GSX cars. Last I heard, he's a successful realtor in Arizona, and recently bought back his first car, a '65 Skylark that he had dropped a 455 into when he was in high school. True story: When he first bought it, he knew almost nothing about cars. In fact, he confessed to me that when he bought it, he thought it was a Chevelle. He said he owned it for two days before he even realized it was a Buick! :ROFLMAO:
My favorite Buick is the 65 RivieraGS. I nearly bought one 4 years ago that had been restored to showroom condition. It drove like a dream.

1652502041748.png

Of the three, I'd take the Buick, then the Pontiac, then the Olds. I actually like the Olds better than the Pontiac, but I like Pontiac engines better.
My biggest "thing" with the Olds is that front end... the bumper looks like a chin strap!! It's just doesn't work for me...

My favorite Buick is the 65 RivieraGS. I nearly bought one 4 years ago that had been restored to showroom condition. It drove like a dream.

View attachment 330458
I owned a '65 Riveria, though not a GS. The clamshell headlights really make the car. A true "gentleman's hot rod"...

I owned a '65 Riveria, though not a GS. The clamshell headlights really make the car. A true "gentleman's hot rod"...
The photo I posted isn't a GS either. The GS was one of the original muscle cars with factory (dealer installed parts that shipped from the factory) dual-quads and 465 lb ft torque

My biggest "thing" with the Olds is that front end... the bumper looks like a chin strap!! It's just doesn't work for me...
I don't have a problem with the style of the bumper, but would prefer them both to be chrome. Just a bit too much yellow for me, but that's the way the Rallye 350 came. I like the looks of the 442 W-30 better...
1652502602842.png

I don't have a problem with the style of the bumper, but would prefer them both to be chrome. Just a bit too much yellow for me, but that's the way the Rallye 350 came. I like the looks of the 442 W-30 better...
View attachment 330460
Agreed the chrome bumper definitely makes a difference. The crome rings on the wheels help to brake up all that yellow too.

Reactions: Squatch
I liked that one but I always like the original Olds Toronado....

View attachment 330467
Absolutely! The '66 is an absolutely a gorgeous vehicle. Not sure I'd ever want to have to restore one, but it's one of those vehicles that I'd sure like to have a nice, clean original one of in my garage.

Reactions: Wildman
Absolutely! The '66 is an absolutely a gorgeous vehicle. Not sure I'd ever want to have to restore one, but it's one of those vehicles that I'd sure like to have a nice, clean original one of in my garage.
yeah.... I had a friend that gave up about midway through a rebuild of the engine/transmission. He had it restored professionally and it's a labor nightmare. They were built to "install" the engine/drivetrain.... rather than remove them.

• Sad
Reactions: Squatch
Also #notanls (These have BBCs, I've seen em in person. Mostly show, not go)

View attachment 330695
I have a friend, Jay, who was a cop over on the Washington coast (retired, now). Big, big Chevy fan. Anyway, he shares the story of having pulled over a little Honda something-or-the-other with one of those ridiculous coffee can mufflers, as it was loud as hell, blasting through their little town. The young driver was complaining how he was being targeted. At some point in the stop, a blown '69 Chevelle went rumbling by. The kid pointed out that not only was it louder than his car, but there was no way the driver could see past the blower sticking up in front of him. Jay said he just turned to the kid and said "Yeah, but the difference is that I actually like that car." :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: BlueC