Car pics too cool not to share

Awesome cars. Having had an '03 Cobra around for a short while, I completely understand that car being too much for common folk. That thing was a blast. It would run up to 155 in 5th (they are 6-speed cars), and it would do it in a hurry, before the stock computer limited fuel at 155. Apparently, without a wing, the rear end has a tendency to lift and rotate around 175 and Ford thought that was unsafe for the public.

I'd like to have another one, but with a wing, smaller pulley and tuner. Maybe get a chance to dust-off 6th under boost. ;) Of course, I'm a little older now and might not have the "edge" needed to go that fast. :unsure:

Life is weird. How the hell did I go from fast cars like that to a TJ. :unsure:
:LOL:
I have the 40th anniversary Mach 1 which has the aluminum version of the Cobra engine minus the blower. I’m very tempted to supercharge it but not sure I need to.

0766352C-0E0E-4E05-B195-CBAC990AC952.jpeg

Life is weird. How the hell did I go from fast cars like that to a TJ.
Opposites Attract , One of the funnest cars I have owned was a knock off Myers Manx dune buggy, it had a 53hp.1500 single port that was worn out.
on a good day it could hit 55mph ! But it was so fun and balanced you could slide around corners in a 4wheel drift at 25mph on dirt roads .
It gave me delusional visions of acting like Steve Kinser. :LOL:

Awesome cars. Having had an '03 Cobra around for a short while, I completely understand that car being too much for common folk. That thing was a blast. It would run up to 155 in 5th (they are 6-speed cars), and it would do it in a hurry, before the stock computer limited fuel at 155. Apparently, without a wing, the rear end has a tendency to lift and rotate around 175 and Ford thought that was unsafe for the public.

I'd like to have another one, but with a wing, smaller pulley and tuner. Maybe get a chance to dust-off 6th under boost. ;) Of course, I'm a little older now and might not have the "edge" needed to go that fast. :unsure:

Life is weird. How the hell did I go from fast cars like that to a TJ. :unsure:
:LOL:

Those terminators are some of my favorite cars.. with a cia, mid-pipe and catback, smaller blower pulley and a tune you can get 600+ hp. I’ve driven a couple of them and loved every second. I would love to get my hands on one with a Kenne Bell blower..

I sold my ultra-low mileage '07 Charger R/T recently, and I have to say, I don't miss it a bit. I think I'm calming down getting old. Turning off the traction control and smoking the tires at the intersections was a hoot...for a while. Doing a quick 120 mph blast when passing someone made me grin...for a while. Eventually, I realized that the only time the car really did it for me was when I was getting on it, and that by doing so, I was putting my license at risk. (sigh) Like I said, I'm getting old.

I bring this up as a response to @ColoJeep's post. I find that maybe pushing a much slower, less refined/powerful/capable car is almost as much fun as pounding a bruiser. Sometimes, it's actually more fun, in my opinion. Or maybe just having something that looks the part, but actually isn't. A poser, if you will. It's a compromise, yes, but I've found that most things in life are, anyway. ;)

I sold my ultra-low mileage '07 Charger R/T recently, and I have to say, I don't miss it a bit. I think I'm calming down getting old. Turning off the traction control and smoking the tires at the intersections was a hoot...for a while. Doing a quick 120 mph blast when passing someone made me grin...for a while. Eventually, I realized that the only time the car really did it for me was when I was getting on it, and that by doing so, I was putting my license at risk. (sigh) Like I said, I'm getting old.

I bring this up as a response to @ColoJeep's post. I find that maybe pushing a much slower, less refined/powerful/capable car is almost as much fun as pounding a bruiser. Sometimes, it's actually more fun, in my opinion. Or maybe just having something that looks the part, but actually isn't. A poser, if you will. It's a compromise, yes, but I've found that most things in life are, anyway. ;)
How about a 72 Gremlin X with a swapped in 4.0 and a 5spd. Leave the body in patina with stock wheels and good tires, and cruise worry free with fuel injection. Fun car that you don't worry about getting a door ding on.

• Love
Reactions: Squatch and BlueC
It is looking like to that this subject of Car Pictures to Cool is taking over this site.

Although I would wish they were pictures of members cars rather than just reposting other cars.

Please ignore me if I have said it before but I love air bags. (On cement trucks.)

• Haha
Reactions: Squatch
How about a 72 Gremlin X with a swapped in 4.0 and a 5spd. Leave the body in patina with stock wheels and good tires, and cruise worry free with fuel injection. Fun car that you don't worry about getting a door ding on.
I have a '72 Gremlin that formerly housed a 304. There's a 401 sitting in the garage. Just saying...:sneaky:

It is looking like to that this subject of Car Pictures to Cool is taking over this site.

Although I would wish they were pictures of members cars rather than just reposting other cars.
IMG_0868.jpg

Not a car,but this is our truck. 1971 Chevy C-10 , hotrodded 350 , Muncie 465 4spd. , 3.73 posi 12 bolt. 3/5 drop , Not perfect but perfect for a Colorado Rockies Hotrod.

That was the plan all along. @Squatch told me so. ;) Something about taking over the world one off-topic thread at a time.

I realize you're not calling me out, but I posted at least 1 personal car early on. Like Squatch, I have projects, but nothing I consider to be really "impressive" to the masses. No Hellcat swapped, coilover 'Cudas or anything near that. Maybe I'll post some as the date/year theme continues in a few days.