Car pics too cool not to share

1664643394929.png

How do you guys feel about the "7-8-9" Corvettes? There used to be one around here, but I haven't seen it in years. It's an interesting concept, but I can't say that I particularly like it. I prefer the original C6 Corvette.

1664644786532.png

1664644810645.png

1664644828746.png

How do you guys feel about the "7-8-9" Corvettes? There used to be one around here, but I haven't seen it in years. It's an interesting concept, but I can't say that I particularly like it. I prefer the original C6 Corvette.

View attachment 363555

View attachment 363556

View attachment 363557

Like the PT Cruiser, it was cool for about twenty minutes when this first showed up. Now? Nope! It shows imagination, but lacks taste. Knowing what each "section" is inspired by ('57, '58', '59) makes it all the harder for me to accept. Just my opinion, of course. ;)

Looking at them, though, you just know that they're rebuildable. Folks with deep pockets have saved far worse. Still, yes...very sad to see. :(

Won't they have to be stripped down bare metal? Body & frame so they can be dipped to prevent rust from all the saltwater?

On September 30, 1966, the Mercury Cougar was introduced. Ford Motor Company positioned the vehicle between the Mustang and the Thunderbird.

The Cougar proved to be a sales success, with 150,893 units sold in its debut year, far exceeding Mercury’s expectations. It was named MotorTrend’s Car of the Year for 1967, beating out Chevrolet’s first-year Camaro.

1664674707589.png

1664675610693.png

1941 Kurogane Model 1 "Fire Trike" | Japan
1f1ef_1f1f5.png

The Kurogane "Model 1" tricycle displayed at Motorworld museum was found in Malaysia in a very bad condition. According to the former owner it was possible to learn that in the past it was a fire tricycle, engaged in firefighting and debris removal on the territory of Japan, and later in Malaysia. The fate of two countries, Japan and Italy, is very similar in this respect – we have already shown you a similar fire-fighting tricycle but produced by a famous Italian company - Moto Guzzi E.R. 1940.

The Kurogane tricycle's engine, as on many other machines of the time, is a V-twin 1100 ccm engine turned across the frame for better cooling. The gearbox is assembled in a separate block, making it easier to access and replace engine parts when needed.

The engine for water pump is the first-series Nissan engine and is still being restored. We're sure we'll be able to tell you the details soon

Won't they have to be stripped down bare metal? Body & frame so they can be dipped to prevent rust from all the saltwater?

That'd be my guess. But if they're the real deal, and not clones or tribute cars, then I'd venture a guess that someone will do it. Imagine not saving 'em, even though they were HEMI cars (just a supposition on my part). Just seems highly unlikely that they wouldn't put forth the effort in a case like that, at least.

Reactions: BlueC and reddvltj