Car pics too cool not to share

They look small. How tall are you?

They are pretty small. I'm 5'10" and I wasn't comfortable in the one I sat in. They were an inexpensive sports car at the time I'd looked at them.

IMG_20111231_162955.jpg

IMG_20111231_163028.jpg

IMG_20111231_163105.jpg

Even the YJ had a decent dash, the goofy looking pad notwithstanding.

😱Zorba, Zorba, Zorba, Are you serious about the YJ dashboard? It looks like the set designer from "Buck Rogers in the 25th Century" was out of work.

There's a minivan somewhere that's pissed off at the TJ for stealing its dash!

That may be true but at least the TJ dashboard retuned to 20th century.

Some hate 'em, and some love 'em. I'm in the latter group. But like @cliffish and the Lotus Elise, I just don't fit (head is pressed up against the roof). Another dream shattered...:(

Crossfire
View attachment 364234

View attachment 364238

View attachment 364239

I always liked the LOOK of the Crossfire. Never sat in one so I have no idea if I'd fit or not.

Now days I like a rig I can climb out of instead of climbing up out of. So LOW rigs are not on my want list anymore. And while it's not required, I like having adjustable pedals.

• Haha
Reactions: Squatch and Wildman
338.43 mph. That's a new Top Fuel world record.

https://fb.watch/fWY5u6_BK1/

That's fast, and it was done on the "new" short-track, which was implemented to slow the cars down. These top fuel cars are crazy. If you've never been to a top fuel race, I recommend seeing at least one and sit around the 60' mark. Then walk the pits and watch them test fire the engines. I remember my first time seeing them blip the throttle. It hit so hard, so violent that it blew a guy's hat off standing 10ft back. Pretty sure I got a boner and had to go sit down for a while, being light head from all of those fumes and emotions. :LOL:

That's fast, and it was done on the "new" short-track, which was implemented to slow the cars down. These top fuel cars are crazy. If you've never been to a top fuel race, I recommend seeing at least one and sit around the 60' mark. Then walk the pits and watch them test fire the engines. I remember my first time seeing them blip the throttle. It hit so hard, so violent that it blew a guy's hat off standing 10ft back. Pretty sure I got a boner and had to go sit down for a while, being light head from all of those fumes and emotions. :LOL:

Had VIP pit passes to SIR years ago. Sponsored by the GoArmy team. It is unreal! I remember it felt like someone squeezing the air out of my chest when they did their test fires. The fumes definitely left an impression of their own, all that raw fuel spraying out the header pipes... At the time I remember thinking I'd rather get hit with pepper spray. One of the teams had a display that showed how much fuel poured into each cylinder at WOT, that was unbelievable!!