Car pics too cool not to share

Corn binder in the wild.

39a70e1c7ddd8de1f186efd0b5154f33.jpg

Anybody looking for a new-old-stock Trans Am? This one has 36 miles on it and will be auctioned Jan 28.
[URL]https://www.foxnews.com/auto/barn-find-1979-pontiac-trans-am-auction[/URL]

View attachment 393676

From the article; "All of its paperwork has survived, including the window sticker that shows its original price was $8,300.45." We still have the paper work and window stickers for my dad's car. It was priced pretty much the same as this black car, but my dad's car has more options. He made an offer of $8,000 out-the-door, and they accepted way back in '79.

How do you guys feel about these low and ultra-low mileage cars? Personally, if you're looking for a car to drive and have fun with, I think they are useless. If the low mileage car will be the 3rd+ of a given model in someone's collection, and they realize it's just a trophy and not to be driven, then I see the value. I have an all original 29,xxx mile car, and as much as I love driving it, I just can't bring myself to rack up miles on it. I think I've put less than 500 miles on that car in 3-4 years. Now for the cars that have already rolled the odometer, I'm just looking for fuel to burn.

Are those two door dings I see between the mirror and the door molding? On a black car? She's obviously been abused! ;)

I would love to have a low-mileage car, but not so low that I'd feel guilty about racking up the miles. When I bought my 13-year old Charger R/T, it only had a tick over 40,000 miles, if I recall correctly. I had no qualms about driving it. The T/A you posted? Garage Queen. I'd have to trailer it to a car show to keep the miles near where they are, now.

Even better if you fit in one of those comfortably

I remember the first time I saw one up close and personal in 2004. When I first walked up to it I didn't recognize it for what it was.To me it looked like some kind of over sized Miata. Once I walked aroud the side and saw the badging, my first thought was DAMN these are small!

Reactions: Apparition