Car pics too cool not to share

8889.Chevelle%2066.jpg

Mitsibishi's version? Looks like a Jeep, but also doesn't look like one. What's the story behind them?

Whoa! Stumped you on this one?

Mitsubishi built Jeeps from 1953 to 1998. All derivatives of the CJ3A model in short, medium and long wheelbase. 200K of them were built.

280px-Mitsubishi_1955_Jeep.jpg

anBn.jpg

UEc.jpg

LmpwZw.jpg

Zw.jpg

CJ knock offs were also built in Iran, Indonesia and Brazil I believe.

@Squatch: Here's a place you could import one if you want one.

https://carfromjapan.com/cheap-used-mitsubishi-jeep-for-sale

Last edited:
Whoa! Stumped you on this one?

Mitsubishi built Jeeps from 1953 to 1998. All derivatives of the CJ3A model in short, medium and long wheelbase. 200K of them were built.

View attachment 398051

View attachment 398052

View attachment 398053

View attachment 398054

View attachment 398055

CJ knock offs were also built in Iran, Indonesia and Brazil I believe.

@Squatch: Here's a place you could import one if you want one.

[URL]https://carfromjapan.com/cheap-used-mitsubishi-jeep-for-sale[/URL]

Seeing the Mitsubishi emblem on the grill reminded me that there were Jeep-like vehicles in Japan, but I always assumed those were basically counterfeit copies, not sanctioned by Willys. And I definitely had no idea that they were still being built late into the '90s. Thank you for the education, as I would have likely assumed such until my dying day!

Seeing the Mitsubishi emblem on the grill reminded me that there were Jeep-like vehicles in Japan, but I always assumed those were basically counterfeit copies, not sanctioned by Willys. And I definitely had no idea that they were still being built late into the '90s. Thank you for the education, as I would have likely assumed such until my dying day!

You will see a Mitsubishi Flatty pop up for sale now and then. All of them that I have see that have been imported to the US are right hand drive & diesel powered with a manual transmission.