Car pics too cool not to share

PHOTO OF THE DAY - Tuesday FLASHBACK!

If you know you know.
Cheers friends and have a Smokin' week!

_nc_ohc=VGsudR25T8YAX9vbkQf&_nc_ht=scontent-sea1-1.jpg

Pics from the shop this morning, a 1965 Rolls Royce Silver Cloud and a 1961 Chrysler 300 Station Wagon, both like new inside and out. New brake drums for the Rolls cost $1000 each from England or you can get aftermarket ones for about $700 each..

View attachment 407163

View attachment 407164

Because of prices like that, this one has been condemned to a small junkyard near me. The story is it was a drivable car with minor issues when it entered the shop, but after sitting for about a year waiting on parts from England, mice got inside and destroyed some wiring (high dollar repairs). The owners who had just inherited the car were already strapped for cash and chose to abandon the car. It's been sitting here for about 10 year now. It'd probably make a great parts car for someone, or be a good candidate for a resto-mod.

IMG_6658.JPG

Reactions: reddvltj
One of my favorite old RVs is the Clark Cortez made by the fork lift people. They first used slant sixes then 360's and later went to the GM Toronado powertrain. All models were front wheel drive making a low floor and low profile. All one piece steel construction. The hot water was provided by the engine. Some had the door on the back end. I ran into a young lady at Trader Joe's who was touring in one, a blue one like the 1st pic.

clarke3.jpg

cortez2.jpg
and all 1

cortez.jpg

One of my favorite old RVs is the Clark Cortez made by the fork lift people. They first used slant sixes then 360's and later went to the GM Toronado powertrain. All models were front wheel drive making a low floor and low profile. All one piece steel construction. The hot water was provided by the engine. Some had the door on the back end. I ran into a young lady at Trader Joe's who was touring in one, a blue one like the 1st pic.

View attachment 407286

View attachment 407285 and all 1

View attachment 407283

I've seen a number of these around and for sale through the years. Used to be one two blocks away from my house, in fact. Seeing a motorhome with rust (steel body) takes some getting used to. ;)

View attachment 407286

View attachment 407285 and all 1

View attachment 407283
My late father absolutely DETESTED the Cortez - said it looked like a milk truck. He wasn't wrong, but they've aged well - look better now than they did then.

Reactions: Squatch