Cargo net suggestions

Yetigain

Im searching for cargo netting for my dog friend. I need it to work with a soft top but everything I find has reviews stating the aggravation of getting the soft top up/down. Anyone know of a good option that works well with a soft top?
IMG_1703.jpg

Reactions: RussTJ
Make your own. For the price of the one at Aspen you can buy an entire spool of 1" tubular webbing (rated at 3500 lbs.). Use some ratchets from the inexpensive 1" ratchet straps and you will have a set up that will keep your best bud inside your Jeep regardless of what happens. It would be a good bit of work but the end product will be yours and better than anything you can buy.......;):)

Reactions: Yetigain
I wonder how it compares in quality to the dirty dog 4x4. Definitely a better price
I originally had a set from Safari Straps, and they were very good quality. They stopped making the 1" netting, though, and that is when I went with the Aspen version. In looking at the Dirty Dog, they seem to be pretty well made, but I have been completely satisfied with the Aspen nets for half the price. Speaking to the last reply, there's no way on earth I would spend the kind of time to make my own. Sure, you can save some $$,. but at some point you have to decide if your time and effort on something like this is worth more than you save by not buying them already made for your specific Jeep. IMO

Reactions: Yetigain
I originally had a set from Safari Straps, and they were very good quality. They stopped making the 1" netting, though, and that is when I went with the Aspen version. In looking at the Dirty Dog, they seem to be pretty well made, but I have been completely satisfied with the Aspen nets for half the price. Speaking to the last reply, there's no way on earth I would spend the kind of time to make my own. Sure, you can save some $$,. but at some point you have to decide if your time and effort on something like this is worth more than you save by not buying them already made for your specific Jeep. IMO
For the price difference I think you're right. And there is no issue with the top moving up and down?

Make your own. For the price of the one at Aspen you can buy an entire spool of 1" tubular webbing (rated at 3500 lbs.). Use some ratchets from the inexpensive 1" ratchet straps and you will have a set up that will keep your best bud inside your Jeep regardless of what happens. It would be a good bit of work but the end product will be yours and better than anything you can buy.......;):)
Thats a good thought! This is one of those purchases I just want to get finished ha

For the price difference I think you're right. And there is no issue with the top moving up and down?
No problem putting the top up and down. You just have to make sure you put the netting straps around the roll bar by the front seats so they clear the bows on the inside. That's going to be the case with any nets you buy.

No problem putting the top up and down. You just have to make sure you put the netting straps around the roll bar by the front seats so they clear the bows on the inside. That's going to be the case with any nets you buy.
Gotcha that makes sense. Im sure a lot of people secure the netting incorrectly and claim it won't work with factory bows more often than not.

Gotcha that makes sense. Im sure a lot of people secure the netting incorrectly and claim it won't work with factory bows more often than not.
True. The good thing with these type of nets, though, is the straps are so easy to undo, it would only take a few seconds to take them loose to put up the top.

True. The good thing with these type of nets, though, is the straps are so easy to undo, it would only take a few seconds to take them loose to put up the top.
Good to know! I don't mind unstrapping them if its quickly done. Thank you for all the help