Carpet advice for TJ

Tigerman

TJ Enthusiast
Ride of the Month Winner
Hi All,

At the moment the truck is in the body shop getting fixed, but I cannot sit and do nothing no matter what. My carpet in the back is pretty filthy in a couple of spots, looks like oil stains. Can someone help identify the color name of my carpet from this picture please and if you have advise on where to buy and what to avoid would be great!
20180826_081625.jpg

I get that and sounds great but wrong color. If they don't have the color to match the stock seat, it is a no go.

My carpet was pretty dirty not to mention a girl decided to throw up the liquor she had hahah
I was going to replace it but I just went to $1 car wash they have here in SoCal I pressure washed the carpet all the dirtiness started to come off. Spray someone Awesome cleaner on the carpet and pressure wash. Cheaper alternative. By the way I did removed the carpet lol spent $3 at the most.

I will definitely wash it first and try the "awesome" cleaner first, but I think those stains are years old and I don't think they will come out enough for me to keep the carpet. I am pretty picky, lol. You don't happen to know the name of the color of that carpet do you? Spice, tan?

From the look of the front carpet, which looks damn nice, I’d def consider what the above poster suggested: cleaning it. It’ll save you some good dough.

The interior color of your TJ is the same as mine. Not sure of the name either. I think it may be called ‘camel’, but Im not 100%.
When it came time to update my interior, I went w Bedrug. The grey actually looks great inside a tan cab. But as you said, pricey. If it were not for the fact that mine had holes in the carpet on the floorboard areas and burns from filthy cigarettes, I’d have simply cleaned and kept them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would call your interior khaki ... from your pic the carpet doesnt look too bad.
I think i would pull the console, remove the entire carpet and give it a good scrubbing with a good carpet cleaner, rinse and hang it on the clothesline to dry :) i bet that would save u the cost of new carpet.
If/when you do remove your carpet, maybe consider lining the tub with some sort of aluminum radiant barrier, while you're in there, just a thought.

Reactions: JMT
The carpet is pretty good everywhere except the cargo area. That area is filthy, the rest is good. As far as lining goes, I ordered Noico 80 mil soundproofing material :). When I get the jeep I will be installing that.

Just remembered this site: www.stockinteriors.com
They’ll send you samples of their tan carpet, so that you could choose the best match. Check the website. I had them and Budrug send me samples. Obviously I went w the latter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I highly suggest the BedRug. I did it to mine and love it!

It's priced reasonably too!

BedRug Front Carpet
BedRug Rear Carpet

Thanks Chris and everyone else too! There is no doubt in my mind that it is the best product that is out there by function and quality, but unless they make something in my color that can satisfy something stupid called personal taste, it is a no go. That color they have just doesn't work with my interior panels, outside or dash for that matter ;)

Thanks Chris and everyone else too! There is no doubt in my mind that it is the best product that is out there by function and quality, but unless they make something in my color that can satisfy something stupid called personal taste, it is a no go. That color they have just doesn't work with my interior panels, outside or dash for that matter ;)

Personally I think it will look good. I have khaki interior and I was apprehensive at first about going with a darker color carpet. I actually love the way it turned out, as it brings out the khaki even better.

Reactions: fourpointzero
Personally I think it will look good. I have khaki interior and I was apprehensive at first about going with a darker color carpet. I actually love the way it turned out, as it brings out the khaki even better.

It is great that you like it! That is why I brought up personal taste :). I know that I will not, because i searched out pictures of jeeps with that color carpet and my color trim and seats and I do not like it at all!

Reactions: Serbonze and JMT
Bedrug all the way. It's a really good product. That charcoal color goes well with any interior including tan.

Before you sh*tcan your carpet, and/or remove it or try to pressure wash it, buy yourself two cans of CRC Brakleen in the RED can. Take a clean white towel, put some reasonably thick or durable rubber gloves on, saturate a 2"X4" section of the towel, and then start scrubbing the spot(s). The carpet should be colorfast, and you will be AMAZED at how much dirt you get out of that carpet! I use Brakleen to clean my carpet in my vehicles AND in my house where stains show up. I also scrubbed my '04 Columbia Edition seats with same - they look almost new now! The beauty of Brakleen is that once it dries/evaporates, it leaves ABSOLUTELY no residue WHATSOEVER; no smell either. It's one of my "Magic Elixirs"...

Can someone help identify the color name of my carpet from this picture please and if you have advise on where to buy and what to avoid would be great!View attachment 59080

Rockauto (5% discount available) has the cargo area (floor and wheel wells) for $117 from ACC. You can see the different colors offered at AutoCustomCarpets. I bought ACC's mass-backed Essex carpet from Rockauto and can attest to ACC quality.