CAT monitor not ready (solved)

There is a well known pcm issue with 05 & 06 TJ's that cause this to happen and Chrysler should be accountable. I never had the "not ready" problem for the first 6 years I owned my 06 until the battery died. That is when my ongoing issue started.

In Commiefornia we can need all monitors ready except the evap.

This is false. For '05-'06 you can pass SMOG with the O2 heater monitor not set.

BAROIS.jpg

"Jeep 2005-2006 Wrangler O2 sensor, O2 heater, and catalyst readiness monitors may indicate not ready.
Vehicle design anomaly.
TSB #25-005-13 Rev. A contains wiring modification to make vehicle ready.
OIS allows incomplete O2 heater monitor"

This is false. For '05-'06 you can pass SMOG with the O2 heater monitor not set.

View attachment 383546

"Jeep 2005-2006 Wrangler O2 sensor, O2 heater, and catalyst readiness monitors may indicate not ready.
Vehicle design anomaly.
TSB #25-005-13 Rev. A contains wiring modification to make vehicle ready.
OIS allows incomplete O2 heater monitor"

That wasn't the case when I went for my first smog check in 2015. I had to do the wire jump fix to get it to go off. Thelocal shops would not smog it...

That wasn't the case when I went for my first smog check in 2015. I had to do the wire jump fix to get it to go off. Thelocal shops would not smog it...

Those local shops are idiots. I would have contacted the CA BAR. Not only is the exception in the books, it shows up in the SMOG computer.